Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Survival Balancing and Nekros

inappropriatename5877

In Survival Arbitrations, the air support is worth less than in normal survival. That would be cool and acceptable, if the drops from the enemies were a bit boosted. Having played many a SA, I have noticed that the life support is the main reason players fail or leave early, cause no matter how many enemies you kill, the life support drops are not that frequent nor are they strong enough to maintain support at acceptable levels.

And then you have Nekros. Nekros trivializes air support to the point where you never have to worry about it, as his Desecrate generates enough support drops to maintain air support levels at almost maximum, 90% of the time. This is where the "balancing" factor comes into play. SA is weirdly hard with every frame, and trivial with Nekros, and all of that has nothing to do with enemy damage, health or levels, but with air support. I suggest looking into this, so as to make SA a bit more forgiving when it comes to air support.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, inappropriatename5877 said:

In Survival Arbitrations, the air support is worth less than in normal survival. That would be cool and acceptable, if the drops from the enemies were a bit boosted. Having played many a SA, I have noticed that the life support is the main reason players fail or leave early, cause no matter how many enemies you kill, the life support drops are not that frequent nor are they strong enough to maintain support at acceptable levels.

And then you have Nekros. Nekros trivializes air support to the point where you never have to worry about it, as his Desecrate generates enough support drops to maintain air support levels at almost maximum, 90% of the time. This is where the "balancing" factor comes into play. SA is weirdly hard with every frame, and trivial with Nekros, and all of that has nothing to do with enemy damage, health or levels, but with air support. I suggest looking into this, so as to make SA a bit more forgiving when it comes to air support.

Long run Life Support in SA is easier, but it highly depends on your/groups damage and durability.

Nekros being trivial, depends on your damage/abilities and build, 4th ability makes units that draw enemy fire (while reducing the damage you take if you use shield of shadows)

One of the biggest problems in ANY survival mission, is that people split up, it skewers the spawn system which causes problems with frequent drops.
(no enemies = no drops), but with a Nekros (or any frame that increases drops), this problem is not as bad, because you can still get regular drops from fewer enemies.

something else i have noticed, (i dont know if its just me) in any survival, all drops slow down which means the chance for LS drops actually decrease over time, once you hit around 30/45 minutes, the frequency of LS drops appears to slow down. (maybe RNG'eezus cursing you for murdering monsters)
im not sure of its from people being somewhat afk or if its intended to be that way, either way it is really annoying though.
i havent seen any official explanation on how the afk system works and whether it can affect all enemies spawned while in a group if 1/2 players get hit by it.

anyway, my point to the OP is that, any frame that increases drops WILL have a better time in survival missions.
Nekros just has a easier time because he has multiple friends to take hits for him and consumes their remains for a 54% chance at a longer duration in the mission, even if they scale the abilities down, 1% is still better than 0%, 1 more unit to draw fire is still better than 0.

no matter which way you look at it, Nekros with his current abilities will be on top, unless they rework both abilities to do completely different things.