Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A way to make running missions more fun

Jax_Cavalera

Currently running the same old mission over and over again gives off a deja vu vibe. You go into it, the objective will always be in one of the expected locations. Even if we threw more RNG at the problem it would be missing the underlying reason why it starts to get monotonous. We don't have a lot of content that feels very deliberate, like it was created specifically for you to experience.

I'd love to hear other ways that we can improve on this situation.

Way back I had this idea of players sculpting out custom bounties for other players to complete. All in all it wasn't too bad an idea, but the community did point out a potential flaw in it around how rewards would work.

More recently I've had another thought on how to combat this in a similar way by allowing players to construct their own maps for various mission types.

The custom obstacle courses were a good idea for dojo's but the problems there are:

• Players don't stay in the dojo that much because we are missing remote foundry control
  • They lack any meaningful rewards to offset the time a player may want to spend running them

I know once we have the whole Empyrean thing out there, that should open up a lot of new doors to mission types / gamemodes we can play. However the moment all that new juicy content has been played a few times over and we have gotten all the new rewards it has to offer.. the drop-off will begin.

Imagine though that you could park your ship out there in space and setup a trading hub.. the resources you mine in space can be put up for sale to earn credits in displays.. it'd be a small but fun way to give players more reasons to replay a lot of the other missions out there, especially if the resources were things players needed to keep their ships performing well.

We already have modular melee and secondary weapons.. I'm sure we'll get modular primary weapons soon enough.. and then the only thing left would be for us to have trade-able modular... MODS So players would complete specific mission types searching for pieces they can use to create specific perks on a custom mod card which they can then trade / sell or whatever. These mods could differ from rivens in that they would be for warframes / pets only.

Edited by Jax_Cavalera
  • Like 1

IMO, one of the biggest things that would make players happy is truly custom weapons and armor that both degrade over time and require certain drops to repair.

no i wont get down to the specific details, because its actually a waste of time putting effort in something that depends on blind faith, also most likely 99.99% chance it wont even be considered

the biggest attraction in gaming is, leveling (warframe has that in ridiculous amounts (hello forma)) and customization
its the reason Call of Duty 4 did so well when it came out.
its the reason Mass Effect did so well when it came out.
its the reason World of Warcraft has/had such a big player base (which has only gone down because other games adapted to this)

having things to do more than just grind endless resources, is what brings people in and keeps them for a long time.
implementing 1 mission after working on it for months is 1 day of enjoyment
implementing being able to combine weapon parts is at least a week of enjoyment (depending on the level of customization)

if that level of customization is too much, then making a small change every few days would be an improvement than waiting 2 weeks or months just to be hit with a HUGE change that is only fun for about 3 days at most.
modifying values on things already implemented is not hard and does not take long.
adding something to a drop table is not hard and does not take long

but when any updates come out, its just disappointing that a whole bunch of really easy and fast modifications have not been implemented, indicating that either they do not read the forums or neglect the community trying to help.

who am i kidding, i probably dont know anything about players enjoying a game and most good ideas posted on game forums dont get implemented, or they get twisted into something totally different.

Edited by 5p33dy_01