Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scaling drop odds repetition, Total standing, Nightwave. -> Also, Non-Elite Sanctuary Onslaught is suffering incarnate

Kingsmount

Drop chances should scale every time that drop table is used without that drop having appeared so that on average at worst it would take 30-40 runs for a drop to appear with particularly bad luck.  Or flat out remove warframes from the drop tables and instead grant parts based on achievement level.  Instead of a .000003% chance per run to drop a part,  the frame is awarded at 10/10 Sanctuary Onslaught,  or 10/10 Defection missions done,  or 10/10 Infested Salvage.   10/10 Sargus Ruk kills.  10/10 Spy Missions (or 3/3 of each spy tier).   That would feel SO much better,  and provide consistency,  tangible progression...  

I'm almost certain I've spent more time trying to get  Khora than I did getting Ivara (Widely notorious pain in the rectum for as long as she's been in the game no doubt),  this is just not okay.   At least Spy missions are fun and you can get rare mods along the way,  every time you have to do non-elite sanctuary onslaught feels like a punishment,  a wasted opportunity to play Elite Sanctuary Onslaught which unlike non-elite doesn't suck and feels rewarding.  Non-elite feels like wasted time with bad rewards, the only reason to do it being Khora who for no discernible reason other than to be mean, is not in Elite.

If there's one thing Warframe sure doesn't do,  it's respect player's time.  It's exhausting,  trying to farm Khora's systems burnt me out of the game for around 3-4 months and now that I've been back for a week and have been trying to get her again with 4-10 runs each day,  I don't know how much longer I can last before I'm burnt out again.   Is it just me or has it felt like DE has been very heavy handed in making warframes a pain to get the last couple years, to push people towards microtransactions?  You physically can't even get Hyldrin for example until you climb the daily standing limit grind wall and max out Fortuna (Which itself is very anti-player, because you cannot spend any standing on things you NEED let alone want without making it take potential days of extra grinding / standing limits to get to the next rank because every purchase sets you back.   I lost 30k to craft Garuda,  three days worth of capping the faction, which could be very simply made not a problem by making ranking up standing based on a total of all earned standing rather than your current standing.  Actually ranking up is hard enough as it is with the massive payments to progress.

And that Nightwave... Nightwave keeps burning people out of the game left and right,  but a very easy fix to nightwave burnout and turning it into a very fun system without the stress would be to abandon the idea of it being a timed exclusive.  Timed exclusives suck in any form regardless.   Have another tab in the codex by Quests where you can select an active nightwave.

Boom,  as simple as that nobody has to feel like they have to burn themselves out rushing Nightwaves,  or feel hopeless about completing nightwave thus pushing them away from the game, or at least even attempting the nightwave,  meanwhile returning players have something tangible to look forward to and sink their teeth into after having been away.  It encourages positivity instead of resentment and disappointment. 

Highlighted text is just to direct attention with relevant key words in the title. 

Just to punctuate my comment on drop chances and just how completely sick I am of Sanctuary Onslaught:

Spoiler

CpBOyfJ.png

FIVE blueprints  when they're supposed to be just as rare/common as the systems.  No systems.   And for perspective I go around 10+ zone 8 attempts before seeing another Khora part.  I have to question whether or not the drop table is even working as intended,  if the systems aren't bugged for reduced chances if they're even on the table at all.  Or if the game is just straight up picking on me.

I'm losing my mind,  and I hope I don't burn out on warframe for who knows how long.

We desperately need some kind of system to increase the weight of finding drops that we haven't seen yet.

Or better yet, the suggestion on tying them to achievements, not drops.  (You could also have both drops and achievements, drops for the random element, achievements for reliability, but you can only get the achievements once, after that it's the drops for multiple frames.)

Edited by Kingsmount

30 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:
Spoiler

Drop chances should scale every time that drop table is used without that drop having appeared so that on average at worst it would take 30-40 runs for a drop to appear with particularly bad luck.  Or flat out remove warframes from the drop tables and instead grant parts based on achievement level.  Instead of a .000003% chance per run to drop a part,  the frame is awarded at 10/10 Sanctuary Onslaught,  or 10/10 Defection missions done,  or 10/10 Infested Salvage.   10/10 Sargus Ruk kills.  10/10 Spy Missions (or 3/3 of each spy tier).   That would feel SO much better,  and provide consistency,  tangible progression...  

I'm almost certain I've spent more time trying to get  Khora than I did getting Ivara (Widely notorious pain in the rectum for as long as she's been in the game no doubt),  this is just not okay.   At least Spy missions are fun and you can get rare mods along the way,  every time you have to do non-elite sanctuary onslaught feels like a punishment,  a wasted opportunity to play Elite Sanctuary Onslaught which unlike non-elite doesn't suck and feels rewarding.  Non-elite feels like wasted time with bad rewards, the only reason to do it being Khora who for no discernible reason other than to be mean, is not in Elite.

If there's one thing Warframe sure doesn't do,  it's respect player's time.  It's exhausting,  trying to farm Khora's systems burnt me out of the game for around 3-4 months and now that I've been back for a week and have been trying to get her again with 4-10 runs each day,  I don't know how much longer I can last before I'm burnt out again.   Is it just me or has it felt like DE has been very heavy handed in making warframes a pain to get the last couple years, to push people towards microtransactions?  You physically can't even get Hyldrin for example until you climb the daily standing limit grind wall and max out Fortuna (Which itself is very anti-player, because you cannot spend any standing on things you NEED let alone want without making it take potential days of extra grinding / standing limits to get to the next rank because every purchase sets you back.   I lost 30k to craft Garuda,  three days worth of capping the faction, which could be very simply made not a problem by making ranking up standing based on a total of all earned standing rather than your current standing.  Actually ranking up is hard enough as it is with the massive payments to progress.

And that Nightwave... Nightwave keeps burning people out of the game left and right,  but a very easy fix to nightwave burnout and turning it into a very fun system without the stress would be to abandon the idea of it being a timed exclusive.  Timed exclusives suck in any form regardless.   Have another tab in the codex by Quests where you can select an active nightwave.

Boom,  as simple as that nobody has to feel like they have to burn themselves out rushing Nightwaves,  or feel hopeless about completing nightwave thus pushing them away from the game, or at least even attempting the nightwave,  meanwhile returning players have something tangible to look forward to and sink their teeth into after having been away.  It encourages positivity instead of resentment and disappointment. 

Highlighted text is just to direct attention with relevant key words in the title. 

Everyone appreciates Feedback.

• Like 1