Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

40 Hour Work Week

CrazyCatLad

Imagine if DE only worked a 40 hour work week...

We'd still be on Update 8 probably, with luck.

So while I don't agree with some pricing tendencies or content grinding features, I support them.  It's their game too.

That's my 2 cents to contribute to the general discussion of Warframe.

/endcheesyandsappythread

yeah

broken aura system would not be deployed yet and dual mods as well.

and we could have some challenge in the game still.

This is why we don't stay on Xini.

This is why we don't just make the OP weapons and sit on them.

If I used nothing but the golden gun in goldeneye, of course the game would get boring.

This is why we don't stay on Xini.

This is why we don't just make the OP weapons and sit on them.

If I used nothing but the golden gun in goldeneye, of course the game would get boring.

True, but Golden-eye wasn't getting constant updates either.

People don't seem to pay attention to the fact that DE is burning the midnight oil damn near constantly.

True, but Golden-eye wasn't getting constant updates either.

People don't seem to pay attention to the fact that DE is burning the midnight oil damn near constantly.

That's what I had meant. If you don't take time to experience the updates, why do you complain about the lack of updates? Personally, I go through every single new weapon and have fun with it.

Yeah, I can't help but give DE mad props for the amount of hours they put in. I'm glad they get to go to parties on someone elses dollar like this Sony thing to relax every now and then. I'm working my way up to Grand Master founder to support them, but hey I'm a broke college kid so it takes time, you know?

I always enjoy the livestreams too. Except the ones they have to read from a script/predetermined responses. Those are awkward as hell.

problem is not in the "op" weapons, problem is that there is no mission where i can deploy these weapons and use them to full potential they have.

Tier 3 void doesn't count?

What about high end Defense or Survival?

The game modes in the works seem to be awesome too.

no T3D doesn't count. worthless.

as for high defense and survival. not anymore and i most certainly do not have any desire to spent 40 minutes sitting on one spot in order to face some harmless high level mobs or run my &#! out on survival with extermination spawning system.

Edited by Althix

Imagine if DE only worked a 40 hour work week...

Not saying the staff does not work beyond 40 at times, but how can anyone know how many hours the main staff puts in at work?

Sure there was a Livestream stating they were there on the weekend (due to huge blunders), but they made a big deal of it; indicating (at least to me) it was not typical.

Many people in life put way more than 40 hours a week in at their work; it is part of life.

Not saying the staff does not work beyond 40 at times, but how can anyone know how many hours the main staff puts in at work?

Sure there was a Livestream stating they were there on the weekend (due to huge blunders), but they made a big deal of it; indicating (at least to me) it was not typical.

Many people in life put way more than 40 hours a week in at their work; it is part of life.

Because they release updates at 9, 10 at (their) night.

why i must not buy it? for a single reason to make artificial difficulty for myself?

how about developer will provide me with content with challenge so i can deploy my arsenal for business instead of steamrolling?

Edited by Althix

That's what I had meant. If you don't take time to experience the updates, why do you complain about the lack of updates? Personally, I go through every single new weapon and have fun with it.

Yeah, I can't help but give DE mad props for the amount of hours they put in. I'm glad they get to go to parties on someone elses dollar like this Sony thing to relax every now and then. I'm working my way up to Grand Master founder to support them, but hey I'm a broke college kid so it takes time, you know?

I always enjoy the livestreams too. Except the ones they have to read from a script/predetermined responses. Those are awkward as hell.

That's not a good thing, I would rather they take their time with updates instead of working in the night to push out half finished update. And it's not good for the low level workers who have to put these ungodly hours in.

And them going to parties on someone elses money? do you really think the ones who put the most work in the game get to go to them? No it's only the management and PR people. Low level coders and such are lucky if they even get weekends off.

That's not a good thing, I would rather they take their time with updates instead of working in the night to push out half finished update. And it's not good for the low level workers who have to put these ungodly hours in.

And them going to parties on someone elses money? do you really think the ones who put the most work in the game get to go to them? No it's only the management and PR people. Low level coders and such are lucky if they even get weekends off.

If that's honestly how DE works, then they hide it fairly well. It always seemed like they were fairly tight knit over there.

Someone doesn't understand how marketing works.

Someone doesn't understand how marketing works.

How so? I was replying to what someone else said. Since he implied all DE employees get to go to said parties.

If that's honestly how DE works, then they hide it fairly well. It always seemed like they were fairly tight knit over there.

http://www.ratemyemployer.ca/Employers/DI/Digital-Extremes

I sense a ban coming my way but truth should not be silenced.

There are such comments for every IT company, and there are always employers who aren't happy with their work place. Statistics speaks for me.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Digital-Extremes-Reviews-E238612.htm

"Cons – No company culture. Mostly unfriendly. No desire to make great games, just want to plod along getting by with the core staff. Very trigger happy to make large layoffs."

And that means it's ok because...? "Everyone else is doing it" is never a good argument to make, what with the suicide cults and all.