Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burston-Tenno Or Grineer

KiLLeRZ-PRO_XXX

Question

11 answers to this question

I think vvhile it vvas originally made for the grineer to use, DE found a much more creative design style for the Grineer. I'm pretty sure that it's technically tenno. After all, grineer used to have Bratons too! The design style is a lot more neutral hovvever even though it's almost certainly tenno. 

The Burston is one of two weapons that date back to the 2004 DarkSector trailer. The other one being the Aklato. In that trailer they were fully automatic and indeed wielded by the Grineer guards.

However the problem with identifying the creator of the Burston is that the Grineer back then had a more industrial robotic armor design, as opposed to the semi-organic one they have now.

Fitting that the Burston looks much more industrial and modern than organic or artistic like Grineer and Tenno weapons.

Likewise it has roundings and fires bullets which seperates it from the Corpus design philosophy.

My personal head canon during the time the Elite Lancers wielded it was that the 2004 trailer of DarkSector is actualy how the past of Warframe looked like before the Orokin age, with the events of the DarkSector game (the technocyte plague and Hayden Tenno's role in it) happening in the world displayed by the 2004 trailer. As such the Burston is actualy an ancient "ancestral" Grineer weapon.

Though in the end, time will tell if they keep that design around. However like the old Sawmen everyone will see it when they check the official sites artwork page.

Edited by Othergrunty

I think vvhile it vvas originally made for the grineer to use, DE found a much more creative design style for the Grineer. I'm pretty sure that it's technically tenno. After all, grineer used to have Bratons too! The design style is a lot more neutral hovvever even though it's almost certainly tenno. 

Tenno have marks all over their ranged weapons. Look at Boltos, Lato, Furis, Bronco, Strun, Boar, Latron, Sicarus, etc. Burston has no signs at all on it and the design doesn't fit the Tenno. It was like you said originally made for Grineer but their artstyle got more creative but that doesn't change the fact that it's Grineer design (Might even be reverse engineered just like Corpus' Braton)

@OtherGrunty I hate how they took away Sawmen's signature weapon. I really loved it. :c

Edited by R3leaZ

Comments made by Lotus and other stuff listed in the lore strongly imply that there are significant populations that fall out side the Grineer, Corpus, Tenno, Corrupted, Orokin, and Infested factions.

I don't think the Burston is a faction weapon.

My guess is that the model's a placeholder, although the fact they bothered to make it colorable makes me wonder if they actually plan to keep it around.

Be a shame if they did, cause it just doesn't quite look up the the same technical standard as the current weaponry

Comments made by Lotus and other stuff listed in the lore strongly imply that there are significant populations that fall out side the Grineer, Corpus, Tenno, Corrupted, Orokin, and Infested factions.

I don't think the Burston is a faction weapon.

This actually makes more sense.