The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember's Aesthetics

xarvh

I have been waiting an Ember rework since forever, so thank you so much DE for tackling this!

I think that the proposed rework is great, but I wanted to give my personal feedback.

Ability 4
I think it's great, but am I the only one who feels it  is very odd that she's summoning big fiery rocks from the sky?
Summoning something external is very appropriate for Vauban, but I'd expect Ember's attacks to come from within her, pretty much like every other frame.
Maybe it's because it makes her feel less intrinsically powerful?

Ability 1
I personally don't find her Fireball very compelling.
It kills things in front of me, but I have weapons that do that and much better.
Other comparable first abilities at least have something a bit beyond what you can do with weapons: Volt's Shock chains and stuns, Frost freezes, Oberon spawns seeking missiles.
The problem is that if I have a good weapon, I don't have much need for the ability.
If I charge it I can inconvenience some enemies in choke points, but in the time it takes to charge the attack I can probably kill them.

What if holding 1 and moving the aim she could create a path of persistent flames, not unlike Nezha, just using aim instead than moving?
It wouldn't be particularly powerful, but it would be a lot of fun.

What if instead it was an AoE melee attack?

What if it made her recover energy when she deals heat damage?

It just feels like a waste to replicate what weapons do already.

vor 17 Minuten schrieb xarvh:

something a bit beyond what you can do with weapons: Volt's Shock chains and stuns,

Except for then you build for electric status. 😉

vor 18 Minuten schrieb xarvh:

Frost freezes

WHich is the same as with his 4. So it's hardly less redundant than Embers 1 dealing damage.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb xarvh:

Oberon spawns seeking missiles.

Ok, yes, Oberons 1 os reall quite awesome, but in all honesty, that's more the exception than the rule for Warframes.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb xarvh:

What if instead it was an AoE melee attack?

Other comparable first abilities at least have something a bit beyond what you can do with melee-weapons: (...)

What I'm trying to say is, this whould only shift the issue from one proble to another.

Except worse. Embers 1 can be cast while performing other actions, like shooting.

Because of this, there is not even the question which of the two you want to do, you do both!

Go full-auto and fireball at the same time for additional dps.

@Walkampf weapons can do a lot of different things and yes, specific builds and specific weapons can replicate some warframe abilities.
But "kill what is in front of you" is something that every. single. weapon. does. Yes, even Stug.

WHich is the same as with his 4. So it's hardly less redundant than Embers 1 dealing damage.

So what? Frost could be more interesting, do let's not make Ember more interesting?

Other comparable first abilities at least have something a bit beyond what you can do with melee-weapons: (...)

Sorry but no. Very few melee weapons do AoE.
I'm thinking Atlas' Avalanche: it's a melee ability, but it's different than most other melee attacks you'd do with melee weapons.

Because of this, there is not even the question which of the two you want to do, you do both!

I don't have enough fingers for that.

1 minute ago, so_many_watermelons said:

Sucks for you guys who play with default bindings/settings then. I abhor casting on pressing the ability buttons, I just use them to select and then separately cast by clicking middle mouse. Much easier that restricting my movement hand to cast, charge, and spam my abilities.

I love you too @so_many_watermelons