The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the rivens nerf

-Jager-JimDestroyer-

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Wow, calm your horses, little friend. No need for insults.

I am calm. I just don't appreciate coming down hard on someone new to the forums. Especially when others share their concerns.

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Did you know what gets used a lot by players? Meta weapons. Weapons that are better at doing stuff than other weapons. You know which weapons don't need strong rivens? Weapons that do stuff better than other weapons, aka meta weapons. You know what happens to meta weapons? They get used a whole lot.

So you are wrong. Nerfing rivens based on the popularity of the weapon is actually a viable strategy.

Lets see.We've had 4 riven passes in 12 months and the "meta" hasn't changed. The Arca Plasmor, Catchmoon, Tombfinger, Pyranna and Snipers are still getting their rivens nerfed. Clearly their popularity has not waned in the least. Once those rivens are useless, players will become accustomed to using those popular weapons without rivens and then their popularity will NEVER go down. Ultimately, DE will then be forced to make more powerful weapons or remove those weapons entirely from the game. Epic fail.

When the first riven changes came I mistakenly thought we would have a sea saw effect of riven changes. Instead the nerfs became predictable and have now entered into meme territory. Lol I would be surprised if the same Rivens didn't get put out of their misery once and for all next time around.

I guess you cant dictate what players want to use. You also can't expect players to drop a good well rounded weapon for a bad weapon with a dispo 5 riven. Some weapons can't be saved without tweaking the stats themselves. Which makes me wonder why DE was ever concerned with popularity in the first place. They obviously created bad and good weapons intentionally. As is to be expected in any game where progression is a thing. 

Edited by Azrael_V

they should adjust rivens dispo by the power level of a weapon not popularity

example

daikyu now its 4/5

daikyu prime comes out with better stats

daikyu now its 2.5/5

daikyu prime  its being too strong: weapon nerfed 

de now is okay with daikyu prime powerlevel. buffs a bit dispo to accomodate nerf

daikyu dispo its 2.8/5

and never touch it again

that would be less work for de less bs for the player and actually fair

rubico prime is not that great outside eidolons...pure crit impact focused semi automatic with low mag cap and ok reload speed

2.5/5 would have been fair 

rivens for weps like catchmoon should be 0.5 immediately not 3/5 then gradually nerfed

and i write the same sh1t every time but is more profitable for de doing that way apparently