The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Earth missions crash the game

PyroApophis

Almost every time I go to do a mission on Earth(especially Everest), the loading screen with the ships, darkens, freezes, and after a few seconds, crashes. It worked just fine a few days ago and then all of a sudden, I'm having this issue. Anyone else have this issue or at least know what's going on?

• 1 month later...

I know this is an old post, but I noticed some posts from January/February this year saying the same.

I'm getting this constantly. 1/3 of Earth Missions or any mission with earth tileset (Could be orokin sabotage that takes you to earth and back).

You don't happen to have a GTX 980/ti do you? I played on a GTX 780 and 1080 in the past and it worked fine, but after building a secondary system with a GTX 980 - all of a sudden these crashes happened and they only happen on Earth tilesets, no other planet, or any other game or program for that matter is affected. GPU is completely fine and has no problems so the problem is somewhere on their end. I found a few people describing the problem with pinpoint accuracy as I encounter it.

Most missions with earth tilesets will first crash the graphics driver (sound still runs in the background and game responds still), few seconds and sound cuts off and crashes entirely with black screen. Eventually the driver will recover but takes a while so a hard reset is required. Wonder why Warframe has a problem with GTX 980's as i've done all the troubleshooting i can possibly think of but there's nothing to troubleshoot as the problem is not on my end so I can't pinpoint what causes the problem. Error logs just give a generic explanation of graphics driver stopped working, doesn't specifiy what exactly caused it to stop working, but the fact other people have said the same and all of them also had a i7/GTX 980/Ti setup confirms that it's a incompatibility on Warframe side with a certain hardware setup.

Just in case if anyone is wondering, specs are:

i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980, 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz FuryX, Z97Xtreme Game+ motherboard.

Problem is exclusively with earth tilesets only. As stated above, no other planet, or any other game or application causes it. I even ran a 24h burn test for the GPU and CPU to stress-test them and check for artifacts, all results came back flawless, but i know that wasn't a problem since Warframe is so light on the system my fans are barely even spinning, just default idle RPM and very minimal temps, but i checked it just in case to rule it out entirely.

I can play for days non-stop on any other planet/relays/cetus/fortuna (and plains of Eidolon are ok too, but they don't use Earth tilesets anyway).

I submitted a ticket some days ago, but still waiting for a response. But I have a feeling I won't get anywhere as they'll just tell me my hardware is bad or my drivers need reinstalling (and neither is true, there's nothing wrong with it for a fact).

After the update and several hotfixes it seems to have gone now. I've noticed instead of where a crash normally would occur there's a microstutter where FPS dips to 0 and then back, only for a miniscule amount of time. It also only happens in maps with aforementioned tilesets, but it's a million times better than having a full on crash.

Thank you for fixing it somewhat.

Edited by Egonieser