Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Risk Vs Reward

Hollow_Knight

Ogris being silent is bs. That should not be the case. DE should chance that. Bows completely lack DPS. Lanka being silent is strange, how is a railgun silent? It should only be at massive range and even then you would probably still here it. Torid same reason as Ogris, it's bs. Acrid makes more sense but that gun is OP rofl.

Currently max ammo is in a very basic state and Im pretty sure they are going to change that in the future making them more weapon dependent.

"An efficient person won't pick Twin Vipers on high end content." It's the same with melee. It's not meant to be as efficient vs other weapons, the problem being vulnerable to tons of damage. The main reason is because Warframes don't scale very well to current buffed enemies making melee extremely risky at high level content.

torid silent makes sense since you shoot a gibble infested thing and that produces poison.

if you talk about realism and efficiency, then all stealth kills should be 1hit kills since that's the point of a stealth attack/kill, also it's a space ninja games, mythological ninjas can jump run over water and are masters with any weapon and can make every weapon effective, in WF's case, they can't but they can carry 540 rockets in their pockets. they have to use the kogake to protect themself since a tenno can produce that much force that they can easily break anything, but wielding a super hightech sword does nothing?

Edited by Seira-EGT-

Plenty of ways to mitigate the risks of melee, but many melee nuts are too lazy or too contrary to bother with them.

The most obvious one is stealth/sneak attacks. My Loki can stay invisible forever, and can drop a rank 100 ancient with three to five quick charge attacks. Galatine will drop this to two attacks.

You can also use movement and the innate CC abilities of heavy weapons. I tend to circle strafe, roll out of the path of an attack, then deliver a few staggering normal blows, before winding up for the charge. If it's a foe capable of AoE knockdowns, I either rush them and ground slam to knock them down first (risky), or I get just close enough to force them to make the attempt and immediately back out of the AoE (by whatever means are available) the moment their animation starts...then I leap in, knock them down, and time a charge attack to pass through the head of the most dangerous foe as it's getting up, before front flipping away...rinse and repeat.

Beyond this, you can use powers. Most frames have some sort of CC power that will make melee much safer, and melee can deliver much more damage than even the strongest ultimates to higher rank priority targets.

Go try meleeing a Grineer Napalm at a decent level, or a bunch of Scorches.

Heck, even on my rhino they are a PITA and meleeing them is risky.

I'm not afraid of high rank Napalmers in melee. They get one chance to knock me over, and if they fail, they are unlikely to even damage me without support.

Scorches are another matter, I just shoot them, preferably from as far away as possible, through a door.

Anyway, I'll make a video of some melee vs. Napalmers later. Hopefully I'll get a nice rank 100-130 alert somewhere.

Well, with melee you have no downtime on account of not having to reload...

Other than that, yeah, melee needs to be more rewarding given the amount of extra risks you're taking on board to get there in the first place.

Oh and higher DPS? I mean, I don't think it's out of the question but even using 3xForma'd AkBoltos, I still feel like the Gram outdoes them in consistent damage. Am I just trippin'?

ogris is silent, bows and lanka are silent, torid is silent

acrid is silent, thanks to their extreme ammo efficiency you don't run out of ammo, if necessary grab 1 box MAX per run and you won't have any problems if you even have ammo mutation mod you never run out of ammo, not even high lvl defense, and who cares about few percent chance of stagger if the target is dead in less than 1sec? 

it's not a great alternative if you talk about efficiency. and an efficient person won't pick up twin vipers on high end content

But Ash's powers are not silent!  Isn't it great?