Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Early Levels Intended To Be Soloable?

Banquetto

Question

Maybe a stupid question.. but are the earliest levels of the game (Mercury) intended to be soloable? Or should you be playing only in a group right from that start?

I ask because I started off playing solo, because I hate to be the one guy in the group who doesn't know what he's doing. And I got smashed hard. After a number of failures I figured I'd at least learned the controls well enough to not be embarrassed in a group, so I joined one, and knocked over the first two missions with trivial ease.

There seemed to be a few more enemies in the 4-player group.. but not that many. Maybe one and a half times as many, maybe twice as many?

Anyway my stats are currently two successful missions (the two I grouped for) and twelve failed (the twelve I've tried to solo). Am I just crap? Very possible - the last FPS I played was Half-Life 2 in 2004. Or am I stupidly attempting to solo content that is always intended for 4-players?

8 answers to this question

Maybe a stupid question.. but are the earliest levels of the game (Mercury) intended to be soloable? Or should you be playing only in a group right from that start?

I ask because I started off playing solo, because I hate to be the one guy in the group who doesn't know what he's doing. And I got smashed hard. After a number of failures I figured I'd at least learned the controls well enough to not be embarrassed in a group, so I joined one, and knocked over the first two missions with trivial ease.

There seemed to be a few more enemies in the 4-player group.. but not that many. Maybe one and a half times as many, maybe twice as many?

Anyway my stats are currently two successful missions (the two I grouped for) and twelve failed (the twelve I've tried to solo). Am I just crap? Very possible - the last FPS I played was Half-Life 2 in 2004. Or am I stupidly attempting to solo content that is always intended for 4-players?

Early level's aren't meant to solo, they just low level that's all. Soloing has alower dificulty level compared when co-op.

Edited by Dr-Jelly

Actually I have solo'd the whole game due to my awful internet, it is possible, just gotta rank up on the missions you can handle right off. Personally I had no troubles with Mercury, Earth I did at first but moved past to pluto being tough, now I can solo everything.

Just depends on your starting warframe and how you play.

I have competed in FPS for tournaments and whatnot, and did struggle to solo the very first time I played. Because your gear is unranked, you'll be doing fairly low damage and won't be able to sustain many hits. As you rank up even a little bit, you should be able to solo with much more ease.

But for first-time players with unranked gear, solo is not advisable.

also, you don't have any mods to put immediatly to use, but if you start ranking a 2nd warframe and 2nd set of equipment, it's easier, becasue

1. the 2nd set of equips is probably stronger

2. you'll have mods stacked up that can be put into use immediatly to give you an edge.

I mean, when I 1st started, I had a hard time, I didn't die, but staying alive was difficult, reasons being: the Mk-1 Braton was crap, the Skana was crap, only Lato was half decent. And ofcourse you didn't know enemy weaknesses.

Edited by DeepbloodEclipse

You don't know how to use your warframe yet and your build isn't setup to be gung-ho alone. Either you snail your way through solo missions being extra careful and haphazardly learn yourself, or you jump in with others and have a smaller margin of failure.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I have gotten a little stronger (warframe and weapons are all rank 4-5 now), 150 health instead of 100, slightly more damage, more ammo in my clips. I haven't yet beaten the third Mercury mission (the extermination one) but I have gotten close. The first two are much harder because I can only handle the enemies by playing very cautiously, and those first two force you to fight your way out against a time limit. If I play cautious I run out of time, if I play gung-ho I get killed.