The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fog And Smoke Rainbow Glitch

TheLastDisease

I often encounter a graphical glitch in foggy areas or in the clouds made by the Torrid.  It causes super-saturated, concentric rainbows to appear.  I'm running up-to-date drivers on my AMD HD6970, and this occurs with multi-threading both on and off, and with 64bit and 32bit modes.

[image]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/600392284711799358/BA7D51CA292F57E0730E0069DECC61FDA9DEB67A/[/image]

This is a bit of a longshot, but have you tried disabling some graphics settings? Like, Bloom and all of those effects?

I've turned off bloom, hdr, color correction, DoF individually and in combination with no alleviation of the funky rainbow.  It's really odd because it happens 100% of the time with Torrid, 0% of the time with toxic ancients and crawlers, and ~1-2% of the time in some areas on Derelicts.

This did happen to all people at this place and a second one in the Derelict missions but it was fixed two patches ago for the people I am playing with - all Nvidia Cards, ranging from GTX460, GTX760 to GTX 590.

Did this really happen now or is it an older screen that was posted just now ?

Edited by OldSnakeMGS4