The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tested Some Of The Sentinel Weapons

Mikki79

I haven't potatoed any of my sentinels or their weapons so wanted to do some testing before I decided which weapon to choose. Recorded fights against the old Golemn with my Carrier using each weapon to see which one is best. None of the weapons are supercharged or have had any Forma used on them.

Didn't use the Djinn weapon cause don't have a Djinn, not going to waste 2 Forma on some weapon that is most likely worse than Sweeper anyway. I read a comment by someone that had tested it in duels who claimed it doesn't even ignore armor, did different amount of damage to warframes with different armor.

.... and a point of all this?

Isn't it obvious? To see which sentinel weapon is best, I even said so in my 1st post. Perhaps someone else wants to know which weapon to use on their sentinel and how big the difference between the weapons are.

Basically only Sweeper and Deth Machine Rifle are worth using, perhaps the Djinn's stinger as well but I have no idea about that. Wouldn't say it's worth crafting either way.

I suppose it was obvious though. Shade's Pistol is crap and Wyrm's Laser Rifle is completely useless.

not to mention that you must test them in equal conditions

for example without mods. you see sweeper is close combat weapon, deth rifle is long range weapon.

sweeper can only do good with dps on a single target and when it's damage fall short it becomes useless, deth rifle still can be build around stun build, and it will stun not a single target but 3-4.

as for laser rifle and burst pistol, they are useless at some point. but it is obvious.

so this test of yours have no sense, little purpose and it is biased.

Edited by Althix

well you cant really say *that weapons the best* out of all the sents without having all of them and getting them maxed with a potato I might add.

Some weapons shine when they hit max.

I guess it's a good thing that I didn't say any weapon "is the best out of all the sentinels" then?

I'm willing to bet that even after supercharging each of these weapons and using 5 Forma each, they will still rank the same Sweeper will be best of the 4, Deth Machine Rifle 2nd, Burst Laser 3rd and Laser Rifle a distant 4th.

Shotgun mods are 2nd best, Rifle mods are worst. Fully upgraded Deth Machine Rifle will just fall further behind cause it doesn't have access to as good mods. Burst Laser Pistol is so far behind that the superior pistol mods can't help it close such a huge gap between it and the Sweeper.

I can only guess how the Djinn's Stinger performs, but it is a Rifle so I doubt it out damages sweeper. It still only has access to the crappy rifle mods, 60% AP only 90% multishot etc.

not to mention that you must test them in equal conditions

for example without mods. you see sweeper is close combat weapon, deth rifle is long range weapon.

sweeper can only do good with dps on a single target and when it's damage fall short it becomes useless, deth rifle still can be build around stun build, and it will stun not a single target but 3-4.

as for laser rifle and burst pistol, they are useless at some point. but it is obvious.

so this test of yours have no sense, little purpose and it is biased.

Not equal conditions? I thought I made the conditions about as equal as I could with only 30 mod points available. All weapons had maxed out damage mods equipped. Shotgun point blank and blaze (+150% damage), Pistol maxed out hornet strike (+220% damage) and Rifles maxed out serration (+165% damage). Different type of weapons have different mods that's just the way it is. I'm not gonna use lower ranked mods for some weapons just to get the same damage bonus, that doesn't give realistic results.

I used the left over points for some AP and Fire Rate, I didn't upgrade the mods to use up the last remaining point though cause I didn't want to ruin my mods I needed em for some weapons the way they were. This wasn't meant to be a super serious test to begin with, which you all seem to assume for some reason.

Admittedly I put slightly different mods in the pistol weapon cause multishot is so much cheaper for pistols, but pistols have better mods and that's a fact.

I, well my sentinel fought the boss from close range with each weapon, that's not a disadvantage to any weapon. Perhaps you would have wanted me to fight from longer range so Sweeper would have done worse damage...

Also this was a DPS test not a utility test, I don't really care how many enemies the Deth Machine Rifle can stun. Starting to look like you're just a butt hurt Deth machine rifle "fan..."

Anyway I'm done with this topic and done with trying to post any helpful videos, apparently they aren't appreciated. The main purpose of making the video in the 1st place was for myself to decide what weapons to use on my Sentinel. I'll keep my test results to myself in the future.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Mikki79