Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Changes for Existing Game Modes

(XBOX)Brothan404

These are some ideas I have had that I wanted to put on the forums and see what y’all think about them.

Sortie Variant: A second daily Sortie that is more challenging with the enemies starting at 100 and ending at 200. Not only that but instead of it being three missions that you do separately with their own modifiers its three missions you must do back-to-back-to-back with all of them having the same three modifiers active and the final mission always being a boss fight making it sort of like a lite raid. The rewards for this could be some unique cosmetics or mods as well as the rewards people mostly do Sorties for; rivens, endo, kuva, and legendary cores.

Index & Rathuum Changes: Turn Rathuum into an endless mission like Index but you bet Endo. Instead of the missions simply being choosing between a low, medium, or high risk option; instead you should be able to choose the starting level of the enemies and add on positive and/or negative modifiers to the match which will determine your min/max investment amounts (make it easy you can’t invest much and won’t receive much as a reward, you make it hard you can risk more and earn more). With this new syndicates could be created for the respective game modes that you could earn reputation with by playing either Index of Rathuum. The liaison for the syndicates could be in the Relays with the Index liaison being in Perrin Sequence’s room and the Rathuum one in Steel Meridian’s room. Rewards from these vendors could be unique armor sets, weapon skins, as well as new mods and weapons only obtainable from these vendors.

Sanctuary/Elite Sanctuary Onslaught Changes & Variant: Turn Sanctuary and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught into this new game mode which I am calling Sanctuary and Elite Sanctuary Trial. The idea behind Sanctuary Trial is that in order to gain even more data Simaris has teamed up with Samodeus to create the ultimate challenge to test the Tenno to see if they are truly worthy of Samodeus’s greatest art, the riven mod. In this activity players will not just have to kill enemies to keep efficiency up they will have to be good at every game mode in the game. (Example: you go through the portal to the first simulation and there are not just enemies for you to kill but a large data stream you must protect. The more health the stream has the more efficiency is granted from killing enemies, the less health the stream has the less efficiency is rewarded on enemy death.) Essentially the idea is that every time you jump into a new simulation it’s a mini more difficult version of any of the existing mission types in the game (defense, capture, interception, mobile defense, disruption, spy, etc.). The reward for this is every 8 waves you complete Samodeus will appear to you and give you a free riven roll, how the riven will be chosen is before you start the mission you must pick one of your rivens as tribute meaning that that riven will be the one you can choose to roll after 8 waves but this riven is unequipped from any items its equipped to while its tribute so it cannot be used for the duration of the mission. For the Elite version of this every week there will be a different stat chosen that will be guaranteed on your free riven roll. However on top of this if you don’t take your free roll at 8 then at 16 you get 2 roll and if you don’t take that you get 3 at 24 and so on and so on but, once you take a free roll you are done at are removed from the game mode. On top of this to try and make people still go after kuva you can only make a riven tribute of both normal and elite once a week, you can run all 120 of your rivens through but only once a week. If you’ve taken your Baza riven through Sanctuary Trial this week you can’t make that your tribute riven till next week.

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Brothan404 said:

Sortie Variant: A second daily Sortie that is more challenging with the enemies starting at 100 and ending at 200. Not only that but instead of it being three missions that you do separately with their own modifiers its three missions you must do back-to-back-to-back with all of them having the same three modifiers active and the final mission always being a boss fight making it sort of like a lite raid. The rewards for this could be some unique cosmetics or mods as well as the rewards people mostly do Sorties for; rivens, endo, kuva, and legendary cores.

Like this idea, seen it being said quite a bit on the forums before.
But I feel like this should be MR locked. Last thing people need is MR5's making that 100% more difficult.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Brothan404 said:

Index & Rathuum Changes:

To save page space I wont quote the entire thing, but this also sounds like a good concept.

20 minutes ago, (XB1)Brothan404 said:

Sanctuary/Elite Sanctuary Onslaught Changes & Variant: Turn Sanctuary and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught into this new game mode which I am calling Sanctuary and Elite Sanctuary Trial. The idea behind Sanctuary Trial is that in order to gain even more data Simaris has teamed up with Samodeus to create the ultimate challenge to test the Tenno to see if they are truly worthy of Samodeus’s greatest art, the riven mod. In this activity players will not just have to kill enemies to keep efficiency up they will have to be good at every game mode in the game.

I've also seen this theorised, I quite like the concept but others think efficiency is quite good in a ESO/SO. Because it presents a challenge rather than just surving.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)Brothan404 said:

The reward for this is every 8 waves you complete Samodeus will appear to you and give you a free riven roll,

I'd usually disagree here but with the new nightwave offerings DE might as well

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Brothan404 said:

how the riven will be chosen is before you start the mission you must pick one of your rivens as tribute meaning that that riven will be the one you can choose to roll after 8 waves but this riven is unequipped from any items its equipped to while its tribute so it cannot be used for the duration of the mission.

What happens if you fail? Do you lose the riven?

I think Samodeous (ik its spelt wrong) should just give us a "reroll" as a currency rather than players having to tribute their rivens.
I think it could be something where rivens are banned across the board (so no use of rivens on anything), and you have to prove that you dont need rivens to do well.

19 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Like this idea, seen it being said quite a bit on the forums before.
But I feel like this should be MR locked. Last thing people need is MR5's making that 100% more difficult.

To save page space I wont quote the entire thing, but this also sounds like a good concept.

I've also seen this theorised, I quite like the concept but others think efficiency is quite good in a ESO/SO. Because it presents a challenge rather than just surving.

I'd usually disagree here but with the new nightwave offerings DE might as well

What happens if you fail? Do you lose the riven?

I think Samodeous (ik its spelt wrong) should just give us a "reroll" as a currency rather than players having to tribute their rivens.
I think it could be something where rivens are banned across the board (so no use of rivens on anything), and you have to prove that you dont need rivens to do well.

No, you don't lose the riven it would just be unusable till you finish whether through failure, leaving or obtaining your free roll. Not using rivens at all would be quite the challenge, but I don't think many would go along with that. I like it though. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Brothan404 said:

No, you don't lose the riven it would just be unusable till you finish whether through failure, leaving or obtaining your free roll. Not using rivens at all would be quite the challenge, but I don't think many would go along with that. I like it though. 

I think it proposes a good challenge to be honest, I'd play this gamemode

I like the sortie one. If they're on the same tileset, you can do it without loading screens, just teleporting from extraction of one mission to the start of the next. Not all mission types would work though, some just don't make sense when run as a gauntlet, like rescue.

Making Rathuum endless could work, maybe not the other stuff, and since both that and Index are hosted by enemies it wouldn't make sense to have their agents in our relays.

The sanctuary ones don't really make much sense, adapting other gametypes to it feels hamfisted and involving rivens is just odd. That said, I'd be keen for longer, more varied missions or sets of missions.