Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

To People Saying The Galatine Is Op.

Rettycombine

Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by sustained damage (I'm interpreting that as "spamming regular attacks"), no - Orthos Prime far outclasses the Galatine there.

By "sustained damage", I mean slamming Charge Attack after Charge Attack against a sandbag enemy (i.e. a distracted boss). Basically, charge DPS. The greatsword beats Orthos Prime here.

Edited by SortaRandom

Except those formulas are empiric, outdated (from before we had actual datamined stats) and errr...come from the wiki ><

I fail to see anything close to true in all this. But thanks for the effort.

If you want to link me to said stats I'm happy to rerun the calculations.

By "sustained damage", I mean slamming Charge Attack after Charge Attack against a sandbag enemy (i.e. a distracted boss). Basically, charge DPS. The greatsword beats Orthos Prime here.

Ah, okay. So burst damage being the fact that a single Galatine charge attack does twice as much as Orthos Prime, and sustained damage meaning repeated charge attacks. Gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

That's the base charge time unmodded. I used just the charge time for ease of math. The actual swing time is additional.

Orthos Prime = (200*(1.0/(0.5+(1.0/1.3))))=157.5758

Galatine = (400*(1.0/(0.5+91.0/1.4))))=165.6804

The damage is very close, and the Orthos Prime absolutely destroys the Galatine in spam DPS.

Again, the math is wrong here. wow, any high school math teacher would be so p'ssed

If you want to link me to said stats I'm happy to rerun the calculations.

Gott was closer to the real formula, just a few things to correct.

Orthos P. charge time is 0.65

We can assume with certitude that Gelatine's charge time is 0.7

Edited by Thelonious

Again, the math is wrong here. wow, any high school math teacher would be so p'ssed

It looks like his work had some typos but the answers were the same as my unmodded DPS calculations (which I didn't bother including).

Gott was closer to the real formula, just a few things to correct.

Given the above, that doesn't really help me.

Nice catch on the typos there. I've corrected it. The results are proper though as they came from a source that had the correct values entered.

It looks like his work had some typos but the answers were the same as my unmodded DPS calculations (which I didn't bother including).

Given the above, that doesn't really help me.

As far as I can tell the formula is (x*(1.0/(y+(1.0/z))) where x is the charge damage, y is the charge time, and z is the swing speed.

Edited by GottFaust

Orthos P. charge time is 0.65

We can assume with certitude that Gelatine's charge time is 0.7

I'm uncertain where that number comes from and why we can assume it. Again, a link would be tremendously helpful.

As far as I can tell the formula is (x*(1.0/(y+(1.0/z))) where x is the charge damage, y is the charge time, and z is the swing speed.

Yup, that's what I used - your y+1/z is my effective charge speed calculation (Mine just has mods factored in, since I was working on the modded-up numbers).

Nice catch on the typos there. I've corrected it. The results are proper though as they came from a source that had the correct values entered.

Then the calculation is

OP=200*(1/(0.65+(1/1.3)))=140.921

G=400*(1/(0.7+(1/1.4)))=282.828

Double, as expected

(triple check that for me plz, I hate windows calculator ><)

Edit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au6mBXle3cFtdHBYUzVJaDJfdkIzSEN1cUh5UlRvckE#gid=4

last datamined weapon stats, where we can see that all heavy weapons share the same 0.7 sec charge time (except OP with 0.65)

Edited by Thelonious

I'm uncertain where that number comes from and why we can assume it. Again, a link would be tremendously helpful.

Yup, that's what I used - your y+1/z is my effective charge speed calculation (Mine just has mods factored in, since I was working on the modded-up numbers).

So he's claiming that our formulas are wrong because he uses a different charge speed. My testing shows a 1.7. Others have said the same. I'm going to assume that this is correct until we get a datamine that says otherwise.

Edit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au6mBXle3cFtdHBYUzVJaDJfdkIzSEN1cUh5UlRvckE#gid=4

last datamined weapon stats, where we can see that all heavy weapons share the same 0.7 sec charge time (except OP with 0.65)

The fact that previous heavy weapons - which all have similar charge damages - have similar charge times is not exactly compelling evidence to assume the same about a new one. And given that people who have rushed the weapon are reporting that it does, in fact, take a long time to charge, I'm going to stick by the 1.7s that I and GottFaust used.

c.f. http://youtu.be/aPk4mTv0TuM?t=21s - It pretty clearly takes right around two seconds to charge up.

eh? I see 0.5s for orthos prime

oops, my bad, I read the next column :p

ok, lets redo that then

OP=200*(1/(0.5+(1/1.3)))=157.57575

Oh yeah, much less difference now -.-

And now lets assume Gela has a charge of 1.7 (charge+swing)

G=400*(1/1.7)=235,2941

Edited by Thelonious

The fact that previous heavy weapons - which all have similar charge damages - have similar charge times is not exactly compelling evidence to assume the same about a new one. And given that people who have rushed the weapon are reporting that it does, in fact, take a long time to charge, I'm going to stick by the 1.7s that I and GottFaust used.

c.f. http://youtu.be/aPk4mTv0TuM?t=21s - It pretty clearly takes right around two seconds to charge up.

I haven't actually timed it, but charge attack is FAR slower than Orthos Prime or Gram.

Tested at 0 level, unmodded. Tested at level 10 modded with max Reflex Coil. Still feels VERY slow.

Edited by Kalenath

I haven't actually timed it, but charge attack is FAR slower than Orthos Prime or Gram.

I'm getting around a 1.7 for the charge time with an additional 0.75 for the swing time. Others have said likewise. We won't know completely until we get a datamine of it, but I'm betting it's around there.

ok, lets redo that then

OP=200*(1/(0.5+(1/1.3)))=157.57575

Oh yeah, much less difference now -.-

And now lets assume Gela has a charge of 1.7 (charge+swing)

G=400*(1/1.7)=235,2941

We're saying that the charge time of Galatine is 1.7, you're saying the charge time + the swing is 1.7.

Again: If you watch the reinforcements video you can pretty clearly tell that it takes about 2 seconds to charge the weapon. To charge it, not charge + swing it.

I'm getting around a 1.7 for the charge time with an additional 0.75 for the swing time. Others have said likewise. We won't know completely until we get a datamine of it, but I'm betting it's around there.

That feels about right. The swing is IMMENSE.

Also, Orthos Prime only hits one side on Charge Attack, right? Galantine hits full frontal arc.

The visual swing is one sided, but it actually hits in a full 360... Odd, I know.

No odder than anything else here, lol.

I DO have the overwhelming urge, every time I hit the charge attack, to shout 'FOR THE HONOR OF GREYSKULL' for some odd reason.

Edited by Kalenath

so the Market mastery 3 great sword is by all means a better charge type melee weapon than the current king of charge weapons?

as it staggers on every hit?

and the high damage would neutralize high threats faster rather then risk getting hit  to get in a few swings?

sounds like the best melee weapon ever.... 

it costs almost nothing of value to craft , has decent normal attack potential  since it can hit up to 5 enemies and it has massive charge damage potential as its debatable the best charge weapon around....

so why even have every thing else in the same category? 

hope this means a buff to melee soonish ....

I DO have the overwhelming urge, every time I hit the charge attack, to shout 'FOR THE HONOR OF GREYSKULL' for some odd reason.

You and me both.

I put it on Excal and did nothing but spam radial blind while yelling "Thundercats, HO!!!!!" on vent when I first got it...

I'm such a nerd...

You and me both.

I put it on Excal and did nothing but spam radial blind while yelling "Thundercats, HO!!!!!" on vent when I first got it...

I'm such a nerd...

Oh, the memories...

When do we get a wave motion gun...?

Edited by Kalenath

I would accept a 10 second charge time if that sound clip played every time you charged it.