Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A better way to handle Kuva Lich Encounters

Potatoofthedead

So I know that there's a lot of posts about Kuva Liches and how to fix em. So here's mine!
It's focused on making the system feel less like mashing your head against the wall over and over and more rewarding in general.

Right now it's:
1. Fight Kuva Lich, get it's hp down and attempt to guess the mods. Go to 2. If you die, go to 5.
2. If you have the correct requiem mod, proceed to 3. Else go to 5.
3. You knock down 1 of it's hp bar. Go to 1 if it has anymore HP. Else go to 4.
4. Recruit or kill?
5. You die. Kuva Lich levels up. Try again next time.

I don't think punishing players by killing them instantly (essentially wasting their time) for guessing the mods wrong is a good idea.
1. It doesn't feel good to play
2. Waste of time

Instant killing your players is not HARD or CHALLENGING, it's just frustrating. RESPECT YOUR PLAYER'S TIME MORE!

I would suggest to make it so:
1.Fight Kuva Lich, get it's hp down and attempt to guess the mods. Go to 2. If you die, go to 5.
2. If you have the correct mods, proceed to 3 and mark the mod as correct. Don't have the correct requiem mod, get some murmur progress, Kuva Lich retaliates in the cutscene, cross out the mod on the mod slot (depending if its 1, 2 or 3). Go to 3
3. You knock down 1 of it's hp bar. Go to 1 if it has anymore HP. Else go to 4.
4. If your mod sequence is correct. You can recruit or kill. If you don't have the correct mods, the Kuva Lich runs away.
5. You die. Kuva Lich levels up. Try again next time.

Now, it doesn't feel like your time is wasted. Even if you don't have the correct mods/order of mods, you can at least attempt to check all the mods you have on your parazon, instead of only 1 at a time.

I would suggest having better 'boss fight' mechanics but i think it's a systematic issue with warframe's combat system.
I wanna dodge telegraphed attacks, i want actual boss mechanics, I want a FIGHT! Not shoot at a big sponge for minutes.

Thank you for your time if you spent time reading this rant.

I really like this idea. Right now the Lich is not an "Immortal" or "Undying" enemy, its a cheap shot that feels really bad to fight.

Why would I fight the Lich if I know I don't have the right mods? I'm just choosing to use a revive for no reason.

I really hope that we can "kill" the Lich temporarily, reducing the influence on the specific planet for a set time, like 24 hours. That way we can quickly clear a planet of influence if we know a Sortie is happening on that planet. Then the Lich will come back in force to exact its revenge.

This would really help someone who has no interest in farming the Requiem Relics or their mods, and would make the Lich a more persistent threat.

Edited by DariusMcSwag