Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galatine Should Have A New Animation

Mohavon

Right now, people are comparing it too readily to the other, older heavy melee weapons. This thing is special, and a unique animation or at least some tweaks on the old animation would really help communicate that in my opinion.

Do others agree?

It's a big, heavy, two-handed weapon, why would it not be handled in the same way?

I'm ok with a animation set for each type of weapon and I don't see why the galatine needs (further) special treatment.

Rather, I think it would be cool if you could tweak the melee animation by choosing a stance like for warframes, it'd require a lot of work for the devs, but still less than making a new set of animations for each melee weapon.

Edited by CubedOobleck

How is it special, other than it is vastly more powerful than the rest? I don't see why it shouldn't use the same animations as Gram.

It's more extreme. Its standard attack is as fast/faster than a lot of longswords, and its charge attack is slower than any other charge attack and hits harder.

Right now, people are comparing it too readily to the other, older heavy melee weapons. This thing is special, and a unique animation or at least some tweaks on the old animation would really help communicate that in my opinion.

Do others agree?

its a a melee weapon, making it unique will just stranght the feeling that it just wiped out every other heavy melee weapon

I would definately like to see overhauled animations for this. Make it feel more like a heavy weapon. It should be swung like the greatswords in Dark Souls instead of like a baseball bat.

You guys are also forgetting that animations can be used as a method to tweak hitboxes/futher balance the weapon. What if it was balanced out by giving it a different charge animation that covers less of a full circle compared to Gram? Be a bit creative.

Edited by Fundance