Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Impact procs and/or damage from guns = mid air juggling

Interlagos

The melee lifting/juggling is reminscent of Devil May Cry, but in that game you could juggle with guns too. What if we could lift enemies with melee and shoot them in mid air to continue to juggle them? This could be added to impact procs, or just mid-air impact damage, or maybe even most weapons could be capable of this. Another possibility is blast procs giving more vertical lift so we can shoot them in mid air to juggle either with guns or melee. Thoughts, fellow Tenno?

Apologies if anyone else suggested this first, I don't remember ever seeing it anywhere.

Warframe isn't really designed well for that. From a mechanical standpoint, there's little lock-on, enemies die very easily (so good luck getting those style points in the first place), and velocity mechanics are based in momentum (so if the target is walking right and you launch them, they'll drift right. Same if you hit them in a forward direction, and there aren't really moves to chase those awkwardly moving targets). From a design standpoint, Warframe is effectively a horde shooter where the goal is to kill everything as fast as possible, whereas DMC is more centred around style.

I think Blast procs lifting enemies would be an interesting change, since one common problem with current Blast procs is that it knocks enemies to the ground and makes them awkward targets to hit (for players but especially for AI like spectres). Plus it could work with "on lifted enemies" effects on melee mods, providing the potential for a little inter-weapon synergy. E.g., blast proc with a status secondary firearm, quick melee follow-ups without having to rely on the combo counter. That, of course, is assuming the "lifted" status isn't obnoxious in flinging targets around, see what I said earlier about momentum in Warframe.