The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Random FPS drops, alt tabbing fixes it

Wousk

As the title says I'm having an issues where my fps random tanks from 90-100ish down to a very stuttery 20-30 and stays that way till I alt tab out and then back into the game which instantly restores my FPS back to 90+ fps .. It's like something is starting to work on background and uses everything like cpu,ram etc. 

I'm launching the game and playing without any issue like 10-15 mins and then this happens everytime till i alt tabbing and then happening again like 1-2 mins later. Sometimes when there are a lot skills, lights going on in game, i'm not having any drops but sometimes having this issue in my orbiter without no reason. Almost really tried everything which can boost my fps but still couldn't find any solution.

Is there anyone having that same issue and did you find anything for it? I'm really need your help for this issue bothers me what about 1 month. 

2 hours ago, Wousk said:

As the title says I'm having an issues where my fps random tanks from 90-100ish down to a very stuttery 20-30 and stays that way till I alt tab out and then back into the game which instantly restores my FPS back to 90+ fps

Your computer might be overheating. Check with some temperature and MHz/GHz monitoring programs like HWInfo64. Alt+tab reduce GPU usage down to a minimum that might let GPU cool down and go back to fast speed.

Otherwise, it might be some other software or a power management problem slowing down computer speed.

What CPU you using?
What operating system you using? Windows 10?
What GPU or graphics processing unit you using?

Edited by sam686
added questions

53 minutes ago, sam686 said:

Your computer might be overheating. Check with some temperature and MHz/GHz monitoring programs like HWInfo64. Alt+tab reduce GPU usage down to a minimum that might let GPU cool down and go back to fast speed.

Otherwise, it might be some other software or a power management problem slowing down computer speed.

What CPU you using?
What operating system you using? Windows 10?
What GPU or graphics processing unit you using?

I'm using Notebook with a cooler and the temperature is around 85 - 93 degrees. It's overhating sometimes you're right but, i'm not having that much fps drops on other games and that's why i am really confused.

My CPU is Intel Core i5-7200U

I'm using Windows 10 yes and;

My GPU is NVIDIA GeForce 940MX.  All of them on last update