Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Should "feel" Be More Tactile

Candoris

As the title says. While I realize we're all superstrong and every cut goes through like steel is butter, but at the moment there is no sensation of stabbing and cutting through all that meat and iron, which makes it less exciting.

What can be done? Maybe some slight pushback, some shake, some pushing back the target or the sword slowing down in the meat as it cuts... Would also make sense that after one hit consequitive hits land better, as you've sort of focused on that target (but not too much so, so you can still swing around at others).

Won't pretend I'm a pro or smth, but this is one of the first things that got to me. Game needs a better sense of presence and being more "material" with weapons is one of the ways.

I think that this game being in a beta state, the OPs idea has a great chance to make it to the end-game. We just need to make this massive, say, launch a kickstarter??

But seriously, this can make it to the game, and since its a small addition, maybe can be implemented in the next big update :)

Edited by Muitopedrinho

I instantly got flashbacks to the days of super-screenshaking heavy weapons.

Well, I do not mean it should all go flashing and shaking so much healthy people would get epileptic seizures, but sound, a bit of shake, slowing down/sticking in sword, attack focus (maybe adjustable) - they're all relatively easy to realize and will not make the game ridiculous or overload system requirements.

+1

it needs too better sound effects.

sound affects the feeling of the game a lot more that most people think

Yes, actually shell-shock from massive explosions is realized rather well, so the game makes really can do it right.

I think that this game being in a beta state, the OPs idea has a great chance to make it to the end-game. We just need to make this massive, say, launch a kickstarter??

But seriously, this can make it to the game, and since its a small addition, maybe can be implemented in the next big update :)

Thanks, I just hope devs will take notice and make the right choices. It is after all an idea, nothing more.

I've just played, and is it only me, but when the grineer that launches missiles (forgot his name tbh) punches the ground, it makes the camera shake a little. I realized playing survival, and felt that the dude was near 'cause of that. Maybe was 'cause I was sleepy at the time, don't know. Please someone correct me.