Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee elemental effects color inconsistent between when you're a host or a client

Zhnigo

i64qIif.jpg

Bug:
If a melee weapon has elemental properties, and its energy colors are left on default, then the resulting colors ingame will be inconsistent depending on whether you’re a host or a client.

Example:
Here I have a Skiajati with Viral element. On the upper picture, where I’m a host of the session, its effects have the correct pale green color of a Viral melee weapon.
In the lower screen, however, where I’m a client in someone else’s session, the effects color changes to gold (Skiajati’s default energy color). It still has the smoky, wavy Viral visual effects, but gold colored instead of pale green as they should have been.
Thanks in advance!

Edited by Zhnigo

This does not only affect melee. For example, my Kuva Ogris is colored like this: 

KeoNGI0.png

When I am solo or the host, the shot looks like this:

jZSd47g.png

But as a client, it switches back to the default color:

dpLMddT.png

It frankly pisses me off a lot, because what's the point of being able to style your gear if most of the time you end up not seeing your custom colors?

Can confirm, I experience the same issue with melee effects color. I have magnetic damage on my sparring fists which is pink-ish by default, but turns blue whenever my friend hosts the game. My friend's melee energy color is blue though, so i think the bug might cause all client's melee energies to inherit host's melee energy color. Oh and also, my friend does see my energy as intended pink at the same time!

On 2019-11-23 at 9:53 PM, SinnerSmile said:

i think the bug might cause all client's melee energies to inherit host's melee energy color

Pretty sure it inherits the weapon's default energy color, which is blue in most cases. My skiajati being the exception since it has golden energy by default.

Edited by Zhnigo

• 3 years later...