Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Dual Wielding System?

MoyuTheTrinity

How come we dot have singles of some weapons, then have no duals of other?

Why not give 2 melee slots and 2 sub weapon slots so you can pick witch handguns and single handed swords to dual wield. We can still have the huge accuracy loss and reload speed time changes ect but we would gain the ability to wield any combination of gun we want you could even remove the zoom on dual wields witch does make no sense and replace it with dual trigger buttons so you can fire each gun independently same with dual swords and even add new slashes and combos depending on direction and witch buttons even both are pressed*. I for one would support the ability to wield a Lex and Bronco at the same time or Skana and Skana Prime OR EVEN the Lato Vandal and the Lato Prime hmm yes? I don't support dual limited time guns... But I do support the face they should be allowed to be used with other guns to be given a chance and when the Skana Vandal is given out upon the closing of open beta into release of the game** I would love to use it + the Skana Prime side by side***

They could probably set it up so each gun's reload time is x2 accuracy is cut in half recoil is x1.5 but fire rate is x1.5 the benefit instead of being 2x the fire rate instead being the diversity of guns. Swords could use daggers, long swordsand glaive/boomerang but with the increased ability to hit more offten from both weapons you lose out on maybe 3rd of the damage on power attacks and weilding a single handed sword with no offhand could give its normal attacks 1.5x more damage. With the thrown melee you can use a dagger in the offhand actually letting you fight as it bounces around.

In closing I would see this as a great balancer for the small arms vs the bigger weapons**** "diversity"

* Probably have to make melee its own weapon finally so we can use m1 and m2 for both slashes losing the ability to block with dual wield

** You know its gonna happen

*** Once I get 100-150 more bucks

**** DAMN IT GALATINE

Edited by MoyuTheMedic

I agree I really hate the idea of having to "Craft" a dual wield weapon, once we have a weapon we should be able to just equip 2 weapons.

Except we shouldnt be able to dual wield heavy weapons.

i did say small arms one handed weapons and sub weapons

they could make a script that gives people single versions of the duals so even if they forma'ed duals they would get double cat and double exact forma'ed weapons so people who loved them don't feel jiped

I never understood why exactly it cost money and a valuable orokin cell to take two guns I already own to put them both in my hands.

Agree with this.

However, question.

How would melee being its own weapon work? I think you suggested that (Unless I'm being very silly.).

The only reason I personally use melee is because it's a one press button that's on hand at a moments notice. Wouldn't making it its own weapon take that away from it?

I never understood why exactly it cost money and a valuable orokin cell to take two guns I already own to put them both in my hands.

Agree with this.

However, question.

How would melee being its own weapon work? I think you suggested that (Unless I'm being very silly.).

The only reason I personally use melee is because it's a one press button that's on hand at a moments notice. Wouldn't making it its own weapon take that away from it?

I still think it would, be good to set it in the settings,

The default would be Press E and switch it to melee "Weapons" and use L button R button

And you can turn it off in order to use a preset combo while pressing E..

I still think it would, be good to set it in the settings,

The default would be Press E and switch it to melee "Weapons" and use L button R button

And you can turn it off in order to use a preset combo while pressing E..

That makes a good deal of senesce.

Tah for answering me.

*Upvotes topic*

BUMPING THE HECK OUT OF THIS. BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP(i MIGHT BE FLAGGED BUT IT'S WELL WORTH IT)BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP

Edited by NBlitZ

BUMPING THE HECK OUT OF THIS. BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP(i MIGHT BE FLAGGED BUT IT'S WELL WORTH IT)BUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMPBUMP

I like your attitude XD

I agree I really hate the idea of having to "Craft" a dual wield weapon, once we have a weapon we should be able to just equip 2 weapons.

Except we shouldnt be able to dual wield heavy weapons.

Exactly.

I never figured out how it required 2 Orokin Cells, a bluprint, a bunch of credits, and a 12 hour crafting time for your Tenno to figure out how to put the 2 Vastos he already crafted into each of his hands.

I mean...you take them...and you put them in your hands...and that's it.  >.>     ....and, yes, heavy weapons shouldn't be able to be dual wielded.  For (what I hope are) obvious reasons.

In any case, +1 to OP.  I'd love to see your idea implemented.

After thinking about this some more, this idea would be a great way to offer more diversity and more structure to the current secondary weapons & melee weapons available:

You have two slots (hands) for secondary weapons.  You have two slots (hands) for melee weapons.

Each secondary and melee weapon will be one of three types:

1.  Main hand - it can only be wielded in the main hand.

2.  Any hand - it can be wielded in either hand.

3.  Both hands - it requires both hands to wield.

For 1, this would include weapons like the Glaive and Lex.  Powerful one-handed weapons, but you can't dual-wield them.  However, you can wield one of them and one "Any hand" weapon at the same time.

For 2, this would include weapons like daggers, longswords, Viper, Vasto, etc.  You can dual-wield them.

For 3, this would include heavy weapons, like the Galatine, Orthos Prime, Scindo, etc.  You can't wield one of these weapons and another weapon at the same time.

Now this brings up a good point:  why would you go one-weapon when you could go two?  I think that each style should have their own benefit, for example:

1.  Main hand - wielding a weapon in the main hand (and no weapon in the other hand) doubles that weapon's crit chance.

2.  Any hand - wielding more than one weapon at once offers faster attacks/fire-rate and more variety/options.

3.  Both hands - wielding one weapon that requires both hands offers higher damage and higher charge damage, but it comes with slow attacks and a (relatively) low crit chance.

So whether you're going for crits, speed, or pure damage, you'll have options available to you.  This would be true for both melee (single longsword vs dual daggers vs heavy weapons) as well as secondary weapons (high-crit-chance Single Vasto vs fast-firing Dual Vastos, or fast-firing Vasto/Viper combination, or versatile Vasto/Bronco combination, etc...).

This kind of change would make dual-wielding more enjoyable, make more weapons (and combinations of weapons) more viable/fun, and it would make a lot more sense than the current system.

(Note that I am not suggesting that secondary weapons & melee weapons could be wielded together.  The slots for each would be separate, but they would work on the same kind of system.)

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that wielding a weapon in the main hand (and no weapon in the other hand) would have a low reload speed; a weapon's reload would take twice as long when dual-wielding.  Nevermind.  See my next post; adding the fire rates, clip sizes, and reload times of the two weapons wielded together is a much better idea.

Edited by castem