Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simple Proposal for Improving Dojo Redesign and Construction

AuroraSonicBoom

Hey,

the release of the dry dock tile for our dojos has illuminated a rather glaring issue with how restrictive the tree/branch map system is for adapting dojos to newly released rooms. While I understand the fact that the system is used by the game master AI to create randomized, traversable levels, there's no reason to put that restriction on players. So, here's what I would suggest:

Allow players to change the origin or root tile of the dojo. With certain limitations, such as corridors, labs or duel rooms being restricted from being chosen as origin, it'd make dojo redesigning a hell of a lot more flexible and fun. Plus, there is no asset creation involved, just a code change for dojos and some UI elements.

I think this would be an smart solution to design issues players have and will have going forward.

Thanks.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom
  • Like 1

Currently trying to redesign the dojo but limits on what can be destroyed is getting in my way. trying to destroy a clan hall? nope have to destroy all other bigger halls first. Destroy a room that is not necessary to traverse anymore because a second way was build? Not possible because its still the parent of the rooms build adjacent. The Dojo has a rat tail of unused rooms just because of those Limitations.

Those Limitations could be rather easily overcome:

For Halls (and Barracks to some extent): Let us build two of them (but ony one give capacity upgrade). Or make the requirement, that the previous state has been build once in the past, ignoring if it has been destroyed.

For Destruction: Check with every adjacent room if it is still connected to every other room. Said check could elegantly made with a "Flood fill". (unnecessary for one door rooms)

I dont want to deny my clanmembers weeks of access to dojo content, just because I am tearing everything down to rebuild it in a new way.