Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: another difficulty slider idea. Gamble for difficulty.

DeeDeetheSpy

Imagine this:

That cheating jerk, Nef Anyo, is at it again with a whole new scam...er... way to spread the truth of the void and the Prophet of Profit. We of course going to use our void granted powers to counter him. 

So there will be a contact put up in someplace like Maroo's Bazaar that we can go see and set a new difficulty level out. Much like the Index. For the cost of credits we put a modifier on ourselves to increase the levels of enemies (+1 to +10 for example of a given tile), A penalty of some kind (A dragon key debuff, nightmare, or something), or a false party size increase (as if we have +1 to +4 members in our team). From that point on, Missions will have a credit cost to do them. In return we get a bonus of some kind on the reward to make it worth while. Losing is far more costly as you lose the credit reward and can even put Arbitration type death situations on the players. Additional cheats can be that Anyo sends his kill squads in to make sure we lose. It would be a great re-use of the index characters against us.  If you play against the maximum bet, then have a chance of John Prodman himself come and put an end to you and he is just as powerful as a rank 5 lich.

I would say to make sure this isn't used for trolling though, make it invite only and when a player is about to join a host that is in gambling mode a pop up (like with the high ping warning when joining a high ping host) shows saying something like, "This host has made a bet of X with Nef Anyo. Joining them will mean you add yourself to the betting pool and face the same wins and loses."

What I have listed above is just examples from the top of my head, Something else to spice things up. My primary thing is still a wider array of enemy types. Especially Lieutenant and boss level enemies. But that isn't for this type of suggestion.