The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Optimized Flip-Model option problem when using capture board

QRious

My Monitor(BENQ XL2730Z) and capture board(Avermedia Livegamer 4K, =AVT GC573) can handle 2560x1440 144Hz,

but that option imposes a limited frame rate than the intended configuration.

It is not clear if similar phenomena occur when dual monitors are used. I don't using dual monitor, but just using the capture board.

Edited by QRious

Warframe game and video capturing software like OBS on the same computer will slow down the frame rate.

For best frame rate, have 2 computers with a capture card. Computer 1 run game, computer 2 with capture card, capture the video with video capturing software.

4 hours ago, sam686 said:

Warframe game and video capturing software like OBS on the same computer will slow down the frame rate.

For best frame rate, have 2 computers with a capture card. Computer 1 run game, computer 2 with capture card, capture the video with video capturing software.

No. This problem occurs even when video recording is not in progress.

In addition, Recording does not have a significant impact on performance. I use Intel HD 530 as an encoder, not GTX or RX.

if I turned off Optimized Flip-Model option, it just works without any problem.

Edited by QRious

2 hours ago, QRious said:

No. This problem occurs even when video recording is not in progress.

Maybe not.

Your Vertical Sync is shown as off, optimized flip on with game restart, but where is your screen tearing in your video?

Looking at your video, I cannot find any screen tearing, and since your 72 FPS is exactly half of 144 Hz, something is forcing vertical sync (V-Sync) on. Check your NVidia control panel or AMD radeon settings and make sure v-sync is not forced on there. Check both global and program settings.

I do have some problems with vertical sync when using the same GPU for both rendering and video outputs. I use 120 Hz display with borderless, Optimized flip on with Windows 10, using integrated Vega 11 Ryzen 2400g.

V-sync on, 40 FPS, low GPU usage. This is 1/3 of my refresh rate.
V-sync on, 51 FPS, max GPU usage, while game bar is on top (windows + G button).
V-sync off, 57 FPS, max GPU usage, screen tearing everywhere.
V-sync off, 51 FPS, max GPU usage while game bar is on top (windows + G button).

Most of the time, I use more power graphics card with monitors plugged into integrated graphics. Motherboard Asus B450-F have "HybridGraphics" on. This is to enable switchable graphics. This appears to make vertical sync works a whole lot better. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/504835436

Edited by sam686

12 minutes ago, sam686 said:

Maybe not.

Your Vertical Sync is shown as off, optimized flip on with game restart, but where is your screen tearing in your video?

Looking at your video, I cannot find any screen tearing, and since your 72 FPS is exactly half of 144 Hz, something is forcing vertical sync (V-Sync) on. Check your NVidia control panel or AMD radeon settings and make sure v-sync is not forced on there. Check both global and program settings.

I do have some problems with vertical sync when using the same GPU for both rendering and video outputs. I use 120 Hz display with borderless, Optimized flip on with Windows 10, using integrated Vega 11 Ryzen 2400g.

V-sync on, 40 FPS, low GPU usage. This is 1/3 of my refresh rate.
V-sync on, 51 FPS, max GPU usage, while game bar is on top (windows + G button).
V-sync off, 57 FPS, max GPU usage, screen tearing everywhere.
V-sync off, 51 FPS, max GPU usage while game bar is on top (windows + G button).

Most of the time, I use more power graphics card with monitors plugged into integrated graphics. Motherboard Asus B450-F have "HybridGraphics" on. This is to enable switchable graphics. This appears to make vertical sync works a whole lot better. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/504835436

I said, "if I turned off Optimized Flip-Model option, it just works without any problem".

• 1 month later...

I came back after a few months break. I start up Warframe and started getting frame drops. Saw this new option, turned it off, and now those drops are gone. I'm really not sure what they're trying to do with the option. It doesn't seem to be better.