Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earth nodes are laggy

LunaKitsu

Sorry to bother you, but I dunno if its just me, but every other map works fine. but earth nodes have become very laggy for me  lately. Vallis has always been laggy for my friends and i. But earth nodes recently have become rather laggy for me. 

1 minute ago, LunaKitsu said:

Sorry to bother you, but I dunno if its just me, but every other map works fine. but earth nodes have become very laggy for me  lately. Vallis has always been laggy for my friends and i. But earth nodes recently have become rather laggy for me. 

Vallis is an open world and are far bigger and more resource intense for a system to run. If you are only running at / near min spec you will notice your setting need to be tweak compared to normal missions.

I ran earth missions last night for NW kills with x stat and didn't see any issues.

18 minutes ago, LunaKitsu said:

Assuming your video drivers are up to date and you've done the necessary PC tweaking to ensure this isn't a system wide issue...  I'm also assuming you've run a file verify to ensure that you've cleaned up any stray bit errors and or unnecessary code from the directory.  

I'll do a quick check later, but before DE did a whole lot of optimizing, I'd suggest you do this..  Turn on the ping indicator (ESC --> Options --> Interface and then turn on SHOW FPS). 

When you go to the Earth nodes, watch the FPS carefully and see if the FPS is tanking when you're in parts of the map that show a lot of moving plant life.  If so, you might need to turn down your setting a little and see if that doesn't fix your problem.  

Post Edit: After hearing this, I did a run on E-Prime to test the theory. I did see a bit of an FPS drop in the large parts of the map that had a lot of waving plant life, it wasn't like the single digit FPS I have seen in in the past (after 32-bit was sunsetted).  In fact, it was still well above the routine for human eyesight.  I would suggest checking locally.  

Edited by MBaldelli
Post script findings