Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cosmetic Skins & Weapon Counterparts

Renathy

Before I start, I would like to say that I am fully aware that suggestions alike have been posted before and people have given their feedback and presented the problems towards it. Nevertheless, I believe that the following changes may be beneficial towards the change of these kind of previous suggestions.

As many of you are aware, there are weapons with a few counterparts that occupy weapon slots. It's rather bothersome, in my opinion, if you're a collector - such as me; Or even if you're not, some players still don't like the idea of having other weapon counterparts occupying more slots.

Let's take the Braton, for example. The Braton currently has three different counterparts (MK1 Braton; Braton Vandal; Braton Prime.) and being the collector as I am, that would have three of my slots filled with weapons which are almost alike, except for small stat changes and visual modifications. I know that it seems like a rather small amount of filled slots and that I may be over-exaggerating but let's think of the future, shall we?

Let's believe more weapon counterparts are released for other weapons, leaving you with a page half-filled with similar weapons and every update has a ton of other different weapons released, along a few more in future hot-fixes. That leaves you buying more and more slots for your collection of your mass growing of weapons.

What I am currently suggesting, is that every weapon counterpart should be pushed into the Skin section of their respective weapon. When you open the Skin section of said weapon, you'd be facing two tabs - One for Cosmetic Skins and the other for Counterparts. You'd still be forced to install Orokins in those counterparts and your mods wouldn't be shared. By that you could still apply different builds for each different counterpart. (e.g.: Have a low crit. counterpart? Add some Crit mods. They won't apply to your other weapon counterparts, leaving you the ability to pick the right mods for the other counterpart, which, for example, may have higher crit. but less damage.)

TL;DR:

- Great suggestion for collectors and to avoid future payments of mass purchase of slots in the future;

- Tabs for Cosmetic skins & Counterparts, located in the Skin section of a weapon;

- The player would still be forced to install an Orokin but mods would not be shared between each counterpart;

- Even if not stated, this suggestion may also apply to Warframe counterparts and Skins could still be used over each different counterpart, as said before, it would be in the Cosmetic Skins tab.

Hope I made myself clear and note that this is not forced to be the final product. Changes may occur and improved feedback may be suggested.

Keep it as it is, you want to collect buy more slots.

I get all weapons keep the ones i like and sell what i do not need/want.

Heard some bad things about skins for primes, skins for primed weapons and no stats on helms.

The helm are nice not just for look but a change of how you could fit your frame, same goes for weapons.