Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steam Overlay Not Working With Warframe Set To 64-Bit Mode.

Aspari

I saw this and instead of thinking 'wow, this is a bit of an issue' I instead thought 'holy crap I can play a game off of steam in 64-bit?!?'

But that might be part of the issue with the overlay, pretty much every steam game runs in 32-bit, so the fact that you're playing in 64-bit might be throwing it off. No clue how that is supposed to help you fix it without going back to 32-bit though.

I had the same issue. Then i went away for about a week, starting when U10 released. I came back, turned on Directx11 and the experimental multithreading, downloaded the update and for some reason now it works again... And yes i run 64-bit.

Also, when i changed the settings it started over the download. Not sure if that helps.

Edited by Vitras

• 2 weeks later...

It happenned to me yesterday and it never came back.

I've even reinstalled steam and warframe few minutes ago to see if that could fix this issue, it didn't work.

Something I maybe should mention is I used Fraps yesterday, I needed to keep an eye on my fps in game, saying this because I see a post talking about this above..

I installed the game through steam only because I use its chat feature a lot, now having to Alt+Tab to see the chat window on desktop is kinda annoying 

Crossing fingers for a fix soon :(

Edited by S4lF

• 3 weeks later...

Had this problem for a long time but never really investigated why.  Finally decided to. On a 64-bit machine running the game on 64-bit mode. Have to uncheck 64-bit mode on the launcher settings to be able to use Steam overlay and take Steam screenshots, hooray.