The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Error "Unable to connect"

(PSN)Expressas-Lignum

Since I upload warframe, the launcher tries to connect to the game more than usual unsuccessfully. It eventually appears "Unable to Connect", stating that I must download the latest upload when I already did! I already follow all the procedure recommended by DE until initializing my ps4, without any success. I made yesterday a request to DE to resolve my problem without answering me and ps4 service blamed my internet connection which is consider superior from where I live. Even my mates from here have not gotten any issues with an inferior internet speed. I don't really know what to do. Help please

I received a response from DE Tyrone, with the following solution. However that didn't fixed the issue. If some players are experiencing the same error and have not received any response from DE, hope this method resolves your same error as mine particularly :).

Hello Expressas-Lignum,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your request, we are currently experiencing an extremely high volume of tickets. Thank you so much for your request and your patience with us!

Could you please try resetting your in-game settings for Warframe?

You can do this by going into your PS4 Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete, then select Warframe and delete it. The saved file should be around 11MB.

Can you please try changing the DNS settings of your console by following the steps below:

1. Go to "Settings" -> "Network" -> "Set Up Internet Connection"
  2. Select Wifi/LAN depending on what you use to connect.
  3. Select "Custom".
  4. IP Address Settings = Automatic.
  5. DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify.
  6. DNS Settings = Manual. Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8. Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4.
  7. If this does not work, please try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 instead for testing purposes.

If the problem persists, please let us know.

~[DE]Tyrone

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Expressas-Lignum said:

I received a response from DE Tyrone, with the following solution. However that didn't fixed the issue. If some players are experiencing the same error and have not received any response from DE, hope this method resolves your same error as mine particularly :).

Hello Expressas-Lignum,

Apologies for the delay in responding to your request, we are currently experiencing an extremely high volume of tickets. Thank you so much for your request and your patience with us!

Could you please try resetting your in-game settings for Warframe?

You can do this by going into your PS4 Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete, then select Warframe and delete it. The saved file should be around 11MB.

Can you please try changing the DNS settings of your console by following the steps below:

1. Go to "Settings" -> "Network" -> "Set Up Internet Connection"
  2. Select Wifi/LAN depending on what you use to connect.
  3. Select "Custom".
  4. IP Address Settings = Automatic.
  5. DHCP Host Name = Do Not Specify.
  6. DNS Settings = Manual. Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8. Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4.
  7. If this does not work, please try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 instead for testing purposes.

If the problem persists, please let us know.

~[DE]Tyrone

Well, I tested, but it doesn't work for me.

Got the following response from DE Tyrone. It did not fixed my particular issue as I don't use routers, only modem, thus my DNS denied that possible solution. Hope this procedure fix someones same issue :).

Hey there Expressas-Lignum,

One possible source of problem is old router firmware; please check for updates according to the manufacturer’s instructions. There is also a component to UPnP that runs as part of the Windows operating system itself; you should also check for Windows Updates.

To update your firmware:
1. First, back up your router settings as there is a good chance they will be reset; some routers have the option to do this. You can also simply write down certain settings you want to save if there is no backup option.
2. Look up the firmware update and download the file. Do not install it yet.
3. Unplug your router from the internet. If it is a cable modem unplug the cable. Unplug the phone cable from a DSL connection.

4. Update the router firmware
5. OPTIONAL - Boot up the previous saved config. It is important to note that booting up a router config that was made on a older firmware version has been known to lock a router (it cannot be accessed or altered). This is VERY rare but it might be worth your time to manually re-add the old setting changes if you are unsure. If you have a newer/well known router there should not be any risks!

After upgrading router firmware or enabling features on the router you may need to reboot windows.

Then disable all of your manual port forwarding changes and re-enable UPnP. If the problem persists, try regular port-forwarding again.

Let me know the results.

~[DE]Tyrone

Edited by (PS4)Expressas-Lignum