The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack impressions

Sunai_Moonswing

Greetings! 

Just thought I'd share my experience.

First missions until everyone gets their first 3 ranks in any given skill feel extremely difficult. Might just also be because we're all adjusting. 

I became a rank 5 pilot with a point in engineering, 2 in gunner and 1 tactical, I believe. 

Boost and vector boost are a god send when it comes to dogfighting. However, it's listed that it should break missile locks. It doesn't. Grineer cruisers' volleys just keep coming. 

Next problem is... Motion sickness! My captain and crewmates have trouble manning the weapons and looking out viewports when mid dogfight. Another complaint I get is my reliance on vector boosting to evade fire. It throws my gunners' aim off. But not mine, as I'm expecting it. Could there be a skill for piloting that makes the gunners' unused turrets available to the pilot, or some kind of stabilization of the gunners' view?  

I've only completed Earth's Proxima's so far (once I get home from walking my two Sahasa kubrows I'll do saturn's). It feels like the difficulty curve is a logarithmic curve. At least on earth. Starts out high, the further you go, the easier it gets to run and fly the ship, and the less single or multiple fighters matter. Then it's just regular warframe, where mods count for a lot. 

We usually have a gunner/engineer/security on board, the pilot and 2 archwings acting as turrets and ready to slingshot to enemy cruisers. 

Plenty of weapon variety, which makes me happy. So far my favorites are the electric ones because I can create a pile of disabled fighters to ram with the ram shield, the ice shotguns for the same reason and the constant heat beams. I do love having to lead targets, it usually works great, but the weapon effects aren't to my liking. At least for those I have found so far. 

As far as munitions based weapons go. The missile is meh, only takes on a single fighter, or cruiser. I haven't tested it against a cruiser yet, so I don't know if it's any good against them. 

The lock on laser on the other hand is great. It's my favorite anti swarm weapon, other than the ramming shield. 

I know there's others, but they're the only two I've tried. 

The forward artillery is underwhelming, at least vs cruisers. A lone tenno operative is more of a threat to them than that very pretty lightshow. 

The archwing slingshot is great. Only caveat is that the pilot can only know if a player is in the slingshot if the player says so. Having a hud indicator would be nice. As well as a different icon shape for cruisers. Like a triangle, so the pilot can aim the ship at it in a moments' notice, without having to check the name of each ship mid firefight, then stabilize to fire the archwing. It breaks the flow of the action, and usually has resulted in the most hull damage of the entire fight. 

That's all I can think of. I'm going back out there! 

cant argue some of these. while motion sickenss one i feel is to each person its different.
but ya its odd that there isnt a statement or icon when the mancannon is loaded.

and one that bothered me ((and the reason i lost hte first round or 2)) is you lose most your hud when you are in gunner seat...you know like the VERY IMPORTANT "mission failure in :20 " when there is a hull breach.

otherwise its just a massive handful of bugs taht need to be fixed...and I mean ALOT. like...more game breaking bugs than Raids even.

38 minutes ago, Sunai_Moonswing said:

Motion sickness!

This can be alleviated by setting the proper Field of View setting in the options menu. Maxing out to 78 may give the illusion of higher Field of View, but it actually imposes a slight "Fish Eye" effect that may either cause or aggravate the motion sickness, while keeping the Field of View unchanged.

Edited by Uhkretor