The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Killstealing (Ksing) Really Existant?

kaboomonme

Question

When my friends first started out playing warframe, we had great times, taking down cameras and dying to bosses and having a laugh about it. We worked as a team, we did good, and it felt good.

Then we started thinking about getting new warframes for ourselves. We farmed the bosses together.. gathered materials together. But now that we HAVE our new warframes...

It's just a killsteal fest. We will try to get the last hit on every Corpus Crewman and their mother, using Slash Dashes on Ancients before someone else manages to swing their sword at the dying ancient..

Teleport and Slash a Heavy Gunner after someone empties their whole clip into it...

Killing enemies as a priority over covering each other...

*DOES IT REALLY MATTER? Does getting the last hit on the mob really give you more XP, or all of it? I need to confirm this and stop this. Games are meant to be fun, not a competitive race to outdo your friends.

Edited by kaboomonme

12 answers to this question

XP is shared. Give it a test, run through only using a rifle, have a friend only using a pistol, you'll each get rifle and pistol XP in comparable amounts, and almost no melee XP. There's some varience for picking up affinity and completing objectives, but I don't think 'last shot' matters at all as far as I've seen.

Hate this kill stealing , i prefer to play with friends only or solo coz of that, xp for everything should be shared, then i dont care who kill, to avoid afk leveling there should be afk timer, stick with global agenda, there is ideal model and everyone is happy! For now if i play instances with teams i finish with zero kills , faster warframs kill everything with one shot axes,and i dont care much about that, just showing situation , there is super low xp anyway then in defense missions.

Its for pay to win noobs only!

A. When someone is better at you at something, you lose the creditable right to call them noobs, regardless of methods.

B. No, it's more for people who have the time. Time is the essense for it. Efficiency in killing is about finding a nice map, picking a decent frame to use.

Hate this kill stealing , i prefer to play with friends only or solo coz of that, xp for everything should be shared, then i dont care who kill, to avoid afk leveling there should be afk timer, stick with global agenda, there is ideal model and everyone is happy! For now if i play instances with teams i finish with zero kills , faster warframs kill everything with one shot axes,and i dont care much about that, just showing situation , there is super low xp anyway then in defense missions.

Learn before you speak. (this thread literally repeats itself multiple times)

XP is shared.

One problem with kill steals is that when you're leveling a new crappy gun, it takes longer to kill anything with it obviously. So when an Excal storms in and slash-dashes everything you were trying to kill, you lose the potential XP for the gun and get frame XP instead, which you may not need.

Overall Excals specialize in kill stealing by slashdash.

On the other hand, what's Tenno supposed to do? You see an enemy, you aim and kill it. Especially if you have a ton of shields and aren't in danger whatsoever, you just run around and kill stuff. You may not even notice someone else is trying to kill it.

Still, it is kinda annoying when I'm shooting something and someone storms in from far away and kills my victim with slash-dash or melee. At least try to use the same gun category so I get the XP, man.

To the opening post.

Hello :)

As far as i have noticed, the more you kills you have the faster your weapon levels up. Also the more you use a spesific weapon the more exp it gets. Say you only use your rifle for a whole mission. At the end you may have gotten a lvl up while you play and at the reward screen you are almost up another level with you Rifle. But your pistol, sword and warframe have gotten next to no exp at all.

You notice this difference even more when you take a map with 4 people and the solo it afterwards. The exp for your weapons especialy is drastically increased.

So yes the more kills you have the more exp you seem to get.