Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Feedback

(NSW)ohgodzilla

I only got the Old Blood a few weeks ago on the NSW, but my friend and I have been playing it quite a bit (in between getting our Railjack built). 

This is obviously a minority opinion, but I actually like the system quite a bit. I think there are some minor tweaks that would be really helpful, but overall I actually find it really enjoyable as a long term goal. A lot of my enjoyment of it relies on future integration with Railjack however, and how it will be expanded to Corpus / Infested. 

The Good Points (opinion)

- High difficulty missions easily accessible. Can consistently have a challenge fighting level 60+ enemies without having to go into Arby or Sorties. 

- Lich designs are great, and with the promise of eventually having them as part of the Railjack crew, I'm really liking the decisions I have to make each time I spawn one (do I kill for weapon, convert to sell, convert to keep and add to crew?) 

- Lots of new weapons and Ephemera. Trading allows for a counterbalance to RNG (haven't gotten the Kuva Kohm after a while of hunting? Farm / buy some plat and find someone who's selling one). In the same note, trading a duplicate away gives some platinum return on the time spent hunting. Rolling a new lich with an ephemerea or weapon you wanted is great. 

- Personalities are fun. While there's only a few of them, I like fighting them because they're fun characters. I'm really looking forward to the expansion of this system to Corpus / Infested to see what other personality types will show up. 

- Requim relics dropping off thralls. Makes the grind much better. 

- Parazon mods having 3 charges and being tradeable. Spreads out the relic grind a lot. It's frontloaded but future liches are far less daunting. It's nice having duplicates and being able to swap with another player who extras of the one you need instead. 

- Being able to farm murmers with a friend even if it's not a planet your lich is on

What could use work (opinion)

- Thematically, it is not clear to the player that the Lich dies when we attempt a stab with the wrong combination. If the lich visibly died, but turned into a cloud of Kuva or something, it would make the whole system much more thematically consistent. I'm in the minority on this, but I do not mind the instant-death mechanic they have. Dying in Warframe rarely means anything, so it's not a huge issue for me. I just think that there is a disconnect between the intent of the system and how it is presented to the player. 

- A way to force the lich to appear when you have all 3 mods revealed. Integration into Railjack could be really cool here. Like they get their ship and that becomes a permanent mission you can go to once you're learned everything about them.  

- Clearing a node should remove the lich tax from that node. Clearing a full planet takes too long to be worth doing (as opposed to just farming murmers and killing the thing), so if your Lich gets on Neptune you're basically screwed for credits. 

A minority ? I did not took the time to make a stat but  i saw bunch of tenno who likes the liches and with the upcomming crew system its just more space for them to shine ^.^ 

The fact of framing a lich can help you farm other liches is honestly amazing ^.^ i agree on that 

I must agree with all your Could use work part its basicly all welcomed to be honest ^.^ 

17 hours ago, trunks013 said:

A minority ? I did not took the time to make a stat but  i saw bunch of tenno who likes the liches and with the upcomming crew system its just more space for them to shine ^.^ 

The fact of framing a lich can help you farm other liches is honestly amazing ^.^ i agree on that 

I must agree with all your Could use work part its basicly all welcomed to be honest ^.^ 

Feels like a minority with how much complaints I've seen versus positive feedback on the system, but I guess that's par for the course with anything lol

26 minutes ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

Feels like a minority with how much complaints I've seen versus positive feedback on the system, but I guess that's par for the course with anything lol

Yeah thats often the case ^.^ 

In fact you cannot compare 1 complain to 1 good feedback because the ratio of tenno posting to complain about a system is not the same as the one of tenno enjoying it.

When tenno are happy with a system they dont often post about it ^.^