Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boss Fights Are Too Unrefined.

(PSN)The1Hierophant

I'm just going to throw it out there, DE: boss fights are pathetic. I can understand a "figure out how to beat this boss" kind of figure, but what you guys got going on is too olde guarde. This isn't Unreal, UT99 or UT04 where you can just throw an arsenal on a boss and turn him/her into a bullet sponge with some BS invul stage with an annoying amount of adds to deal with (if applicable). Yet this has been persistent throughout WF since day 1, with minor improvements to a boss here and there.

Could we at least get some timers, see the removal of invul stages (since they're already bullet sponges), and forego the small adds. Additionally, make sure each boss mission scales to the hosts MR and don't allow anyone +3/-3 MR to join their session (inb4 carried dopes cry "too hard!"). This isn't rocket science, and even the idiots over at EA could figure this out without finding a way to make a paid dlc out of it. Hell, even those failures over at Blizzard who copy other people's games figured out how boss timers and stages work.

What's your excuse?

Timers do not make for a good boss. Until player damage is brought under control, invulnerability stages are going nowhere. Without adds, you are basically calling bullet sponges the height of boss design. Your MR proposal just limits matchmaking for no real reason beyond your contempt for strawmen.

Try mentioning actual games to draw ideas from, not vague things like entire publishers or devs.

• Like 1

On 2019-12-18 at 12:22 AM, peterc3 said:

Timers do not make for a good boss. Until player damage is brought under control, invulnerability stages are going nowhere. Without adds, you are basically calling bullet sponges the height of boss design. Your MR proposal just limits matchmaking for no real reason beyond your contempt for strawmen.

Try mentioning actual games to draw ideas from, not vague things like entire publishers or devs.

I swear, every time I come onto these forums I always get people like you who (instead of expounding on or creating new suggestions based on the OP) just take a dump on the OP and dip out, all while DE's big D is in your mouth. You add nothing, you are nothing. You're not an intellectual, a poet, or an artist. You're just a brown-noser with internet access. Your kind is worse than dealing with dummys at work who throw everyone under the bus for the HOPE of getting a raise or promotion. DE isn't doing you any favors here, nor are they giving you extra plat to shoot down a completely reasonable complaint. Jeez, my dude, are you going to be OK?

As to your "give a specific example from a game, and not a game dev": DE LITERALLY SCALES CONCLAVE, WHY CAN'T THEY DO THAT FOR BOSS MISSIONS? Now be on your merry way, @$$ kisser. I'll be back 😉

23 hours ago, peterc3 said:

It's not. That's why I said what I said.

Your attitude was bad, your complaint was vague and without anything actionable, and your examples were non-existent.

Thanks for completely ignoring how I clarified one of your comments, and then attacking my attitude. If you wanted to lecture me on my cynicism, then heck, that's all you had to say. And to make it perfectly clear, I have no guilt that you got buttmad.

Now let me make this easy for you to understand in a few short quotes with a simple conclusion.

"Until player damage is brought under control invulnerability stages are going nowhere."

"DE LITERALLY SCALES CONCLAVE..."

If you scale player damage in boss fights, then they can completely rework how boss fight are done from the ground up, literally. This is textbook stuff, my dude. ArenaNet does this with every zone in GW2, so you can't even say this doesn't work. I have plenty more ideas to pull from that are possibly even better options to go with, but you don't give a #%@&, so I won't waste anymore breath verbally beating your skull in.