Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Make The Infested Scarier, And More Versatile.

Brimir

Intermediate forms.

That is Corpus and Grineer in the middle of transformation. Think Infested Terran Marine from StarCraft, but with less tentacles and claws and more twisting and contortion of the body as the Infested Charger looks almost nothing like the original. Likewise you would have Corpus Crewmen all bloated and bubbly as they are turning into Infested Runners. They would make tormented and disgusting noises, naturally. Perhaps even pleading to the Tenno in the Grineer/Corpus language to end them.

Along with the grossness factor (a lot of people have been asking for a more scary and disgusting Infested faction) you would have the added ability to give them weapons. Naturally their new forms wouldn't be able to fire as accurately or powerfully as the originals but they would still compliment the melee abilities of the rest of the faction. Perhaps giving them Shotguns to compliment this would be a good idea. Like the rest of the Infested they wouldn't care about personal saftey so they would lumber towards the Tenno rather than seek cover.

I think a good way in addition to this is to make infested be able to climb on walls and the ceiling.

It's a pretty common horror trope, but something that could add another dimension to the game.

Maybe an Infested Tenno enemy with the ability to wallrun :)

I am going to be posting up some Infested concepts soon. I like the idea of half-morphed corpus and stuff though.

Mind if I try my hand at drawing out a few?

Go nuts. I'd love to see it.

The way I see it, seeing the transformation happening is way more frightening than seeing the end result we see now.

Scarier Infested? Sign me up. The current concepts are hideous and beautifully weird, seeing a few insane chrysalis stages and a unique variation on the zombie theme would be really nice. Infested are the variation on the zombie plague thing anyway, but one that's really good and W40K-ish.

A Los Plagos like risk-reward transformation trigger would be amazing, but done wrong would cause people to get angry at "noobs". An idea to look into IMO though.