Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

30 Gig Update?

DoggoMans

Question

Hi, I have a 30 gig update to directx on warframe that's gonna take like 4 hours. Is that happening for everyone or is something going on? It seems to be taking up 30 gigs of space too on top of my previous 60 spent on warframe so its not like its just reinstalling the directx thing. I'd also really not prefer to take up another 30 gigs of my storage just for this game.

Edited by DoggoMans

5 answers to this question

...30 gigs DirectX?! I... The offline installer isn't bigger than half a gig (or wasn't last I checked). Heck, Windows 10 as a whole isn't 30 gigs. In fact, Warframe is only 37 gigs on my PC, so, are you sure you're not just reinstalling the game from scratch? If that's the case, delete the old files. This game shouldn't take up 90 gigs.

Edited by Gabbynaru

I mean, if it's already doing that and there's no way to make it functional again, you may as well just uninstall it completely and remove all the files it left behind (or use IOBit Uninstaller, it's good at doing that for you), and then install it again. Warframe isn't that big, so it just sounds like it is creating copies of itself for some reason. Check for viruses and malware too, just in case.

Edited by Gabbynaru