Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing needs a rework

(PSN)XxDrakenguardxX

To sum it up, pretty much all archwing besides one are total crap. That's the short version, now for the long one.

Right now archwings themselves do pretty much nothing. Enemies move to fast for most of the offensive abilities and defensive ones seem like they simply dont work half the time. I'm not the best at wording this sorta thing so I'll try to explain the problems.

Elytron, powerhouse, brawler, all flash and no bang. Elytrons abilitirs simply don't cover enough area or do enough damage to matter at higher levels.

Odanattas, bare bones, only has 1 ability. Maybe i just dont get it, but it feels like none of this archwings abilities work or really do anything. And the 1 working ability is to slow to hit anything.

Itzal, nerfed for no reason and the do nothing one. Itzals 1 is litteraly useless unless your a headshot all the time master (and if you are your not using ripline but 1000% more useless). It's 2 doesn't seem to protect from projectiles (tracking, but given how open space is I doubt you'd be hit if it wasn't still tracking you). It's 3 needs more range to later and the drones on its 4 have been garbage sense release.

The amesha is the only good one because it's damage scales and it's utility actually works.

Scaling in general for archwings is kinda bad all around too. Most archguns are useless on the merits of enemy movement speed and distance. Archwing abilities also feel like they weren't scaled for anything higher than lv30 and minimal armor. Most are barely passable in orbit and in corpus missions, with very few feeling like they were designed for actual space warfare. Combined with EVERY SINGLE ENEMY in open space sections being to fast and I wonder what's the point.

This problem is even more evident in rail jack where the battlefields are huge and the enemies are spaced out as well as fast and unreasonably tanky. I get there's 1 archguns that chews through enemies but there being only one is kinda a problem. Just like only 1 working archwing is as well. 

Insted of nerfing the only working AW like your likely to do. Try balancing AWs better to fit the roals youve now given them as our secondary means of space combat. Because as is we have 1 great AG and 1 great AW. 

A few ideas are...

Slow down the enemies a bit, they don't need to be snail's but when their faster than pretty much all of your abilities its a problem. Better yet keep some fast ones but reserve it for a few ships Not all of them. (Not to mention motion sickness trying to target them)

Speed up our projectiles, all of them. Abilities, bullets, etc. When out abilities are to slow to hit anything their basically useless.

Improve scaling, rework mods, abilities, and stats to a more up to date level. Buff range and AOE to reflect where their being used.

AW has been needing a Rework for a long time now it's less some backside mode and a real component of the game that needs work. With RJ it's even more evident that AW are almost useless as combat platforms right now in anything harder than a famorian.