Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Cooldowns

Obscurity

It was a friend's idea to combat the under-usage of certain abilities, and the over-usage of other ones.

Applying cooldowns on abilities like, for example, Mag's Crush, would foment the use of her other abilities, since there will be an excess of energy as you can't spam Crush as much as you'd want. Of course, this would mean an increase in the game's difficulty, but I think it's well worth it as some abilities and Warframes are currently considered imba.

-1 game pace is good slowing it down would make it lot less fun, slowing it down will make it into another ordinary mmo where u just press left click to kill and grind for things, allowing skills to be used one after another without cool down makes you use your power pool quicker, when you got no power you cant use ability so ability would be used more wisely, without this non cooldown feature people will be having lots of energy to spare, and games would take about 5time longer becuase some players who solo would just wait good 2 min to get there abilty back before going into next area. if you want ability to be used less, ask developer to reduce enrgy given by blue orbs from container to be reduced to 25 enregy instead of the 50 and remove regen artifacts i have seen players who stay back and wait till there hp and energy full before fighting boss while rest of team fights, some players are to scared to die. They should allow revive to be refilled using credits, but at a higher cost maybe 15k per revive.

A cooldown on better abilitites wouldn't make the worse ones used more. As long as I'm better off shooting my gun than throwing a fireball, I will not throw that fireball. Not to say cooldowns would necessarily be a bad idea to implement as a way to nerf some skills, I wouldn't know, but bad skills would still remain bad.

A cooldown on better abilitites wouldn't make the worse ones used more. As long as I'm better off shooting my gun than throwing a fireball, I will not throw that fireball. Not to say cooldowns would necessarily be a bad idea to implement as a way to nerf some skills, I wouldn't know, but bad skills would still remain bad.

^this. Im not going to use ninja star just cause bladestorm is on cooldown. If anything it woud limit players and force them to use the 1 to 2 other good skills they have. Every warframe atm has at least one skill that isnt really worth using, focus should be spent on fixing that, rather than an alternative sweeping the real issue under the rug.

Bad power is bad power. No matter how frequent I can cast it, it's still a waste of time.

Cooldown won't change that.

Fix these underused powers. Make them more useful. If direct damage won't cut then give them utility. CC, buff, debuff are sometimes more useful than direct damage. Most of the powers I find useful isn't direct damage type - utility is way better since

1. They're not affect by enemy durability.

2. They can be useful in most situations. Imagine power that buff your melee damage like invisibility and smokescreen. They're useful in almost all situations. Imagine if there's power that specifically buff your gun, instantly recharge your shield, etc. Debuffing enemies. Lower their shield regen, lower their armor, lower their speed, suck their shield, etc.

Nekro has the right idea, many skills could be tweaked to be more cc/utility which would flip everything around. Teleport on Ash is USELESS, "hey grineer commander, can has hug?" -tele's putting face infront of shotgun barrel-. That doesnt help me at all, if it shadowstep'ed me and put me behind the enemy without them being alerted, utility and usefullness through the roof.

Not to mention keeping the ash stealth gameplay going, but also taking out his only skill that is extremely unstealthy

Edited by Ragewolf

Honestly I think each person should have ONE skill that is cool down only. No energy cost.

Ex: Loki clone should be cool down. Excal jump should be cool down. Mag ult should be cool down (its maybe the most devistating ultra in the game and being able to get 2-3 off in a row is just op.) Rhino's armor should be cool down and Frost's shield should be cool down.

That is just a few things and just my idea. But I also think each warframe should have a passive.

Ember doesn't take dmg from fire and slowly regens hp while standing in it.

Frost gets a shield BOOST on ice levels.

Excal has a 15-20% armor pen

Rhino can take a free hit once ever 15 seconds or something along the lines of that.... just an idea.

What I wanted is abilities having cooldowns but the ability to use energy to use them while on cooldown.

This would keep the resource management (energy) while allowing repeated power use (cooldowns) which would in theory make everyone happy.

Also Ultimates should run on their own resource.

Fix these underused powers. Make them more useful. If direct damage won't cut then give them utility. CC, buff, debuff are sometimes more useful than direct damage. Most of the powers I find useful isn't direct damage type - utility is way better since

Agreed. the powers need tweaking, not more complexity. i already cant use dash right after jump with excaliber. i have to wait till im falling. i think all the other frames feel the same way. can't use a second ability during another that is not even a damage ability. adding cooldown is a way to encourage using more features, but i still don't want to use some of the abilities. so, its not really a good way.