Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion To Make Melee More Dynamic

Mohavon

I absolutely love the fact that melee is such a showcased part of this game. I'd be delighted to see it be a little closer to the prominence of other weapons. We already know that they're working on re-balancing melee weapons and armor (thank you!), but I had a couple ideas for making melee a little less simple without overhauling it. 

1. Attacks from roll. We can attack after a slide, but why not out of a roll? Nothing would feel more ninja. :D

2. Attacks from sprint. Currently, when you attack while sprinting your frame has to slow abruptly to begin the standard swinging animation. What if the first blow after sprinting had a unique animation (an perhaps a special damage modifier?) that transferred smoothly into the normal striking pattern?

3. Alternate jump attacks. Instead of always doing the ground slam, what if you could do an upward sweeping strike as you ascend in a jump, and a slam as you descend? That way you could have a fast, clean two-hit combo attack for jumps.

Fairly simple, but I think things like this would add a very nice extra layer of subtlety to Warframe's melee combat.

Thoughts? Further suggestions?

i think we need a more in depth combo system, and buffs to melee weapons in general.

it would be nice if we could pull of certain strings of combos such as click, click, hold. or click, hold, click, etc with certain finishing moves leading to more damage on single targets or some aoe swings.

melee appeals to me way more than gun play in this game, and so far its really lacking, your above suggestions dont really do anything for me tbh. they are neat tricks, but wont solve the problem of getting a in a prolonged melee fight and only have two options: spam reg atks or charge atacks.

To be honest, I'd be just fine the standard reg-reg-reg-charge-reg swordplay if it just had smoother transitions and more variety in animation.

i have tried to suggest this before, but it would probably gain more attention if someone made a detailed post in the feedback forums and gained a lot of helpful replies.

the game that captures this combo system the best for me is called C9 from webzen. the melee combat is so fun and they have powers aswell. warframe of course is better because, well space ninjas with blaster rifles, but the melee is lacking.