Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How About An Entirely New Kind Of Mod?

Zanukacola

Evasion is a great idea, love that.

I would quibble that grappling hook doesn't open up "new ways" to navigate, it opens up a single new way, which happens to be easier and faster than all the others!

Hence DE's grappler being in limbo lol

e: sorry, just read OP post directly above this :-)

+1

Edited by FlanShark

The mod system is the reason to play Warframe and expanding it in a manners that is not just buffs of a stat would open a rather expansive new way of play depending on what the mods were. Some of the opposition here is that it would make high lvl missions harder to play as a team or that a team may not be fully specialized in a random group but that's the danger of a random group and having mods that are just fun to play with may encourage higher level players to play on lower levels if using those mods endangered the chances of victory on outer terminus. Some mods that focus on game play changes have been released in the last few patches so continuing that trend would improve the versatility available especially when playing on a low to mid level maps where it would be OK to just run around the map and have some fun. Not all changes have to be geared to the statement "What would happen if I equipped then then ran Outer Terminus?".

These should be " = " type mods. I reckon Warframe has always needed more than the standard 4 abilities for each frame. It doesn't give variety, especially when we have a useless move (cough DESECRATE cough) that could be replaced with one of these downright epic mods.

The only problem I see with the evasion mod is that knockdown = 100% chance of death. 

And a single staggering blow too. 

So you will get slaughtered by infested, grineer, shockwave MOAs. 

Unless it will allow you to avoid radial blasts, and shockwaves too. 

Well, chance for evasion should of course mean chance for evading everything.

If we can avoid hitscanned bullets, why not avoid a punch to the ground?

Well, chance for evasion should of course mean chance for evading everything.

If we can avoid hitscanned bullets, why not avoid a punch to the ground?

It's an energy wave though that spreads out omni directionally. 

I would liken avoiding the blast to being like trying to walk outside in the middle of summer and avoiding the heat.  

In concept it sounds pretty unavoidable. 

A bullet is a single physical object, that generally yes if you were moving fast enough or had kinetic oscillations interrupting it on impact might disrupt it's ability to pierce flesh/armor. But I don't see it being as effective with a wave of energy as a small physical object. 

It's an energy wave though that spreads out omni directionally. 

I would liken avoiding the blast to being like trying to walk outside in the middle of summer and avoiding the heat.  

In concept it sounds pretty unavoidable. 

A bullet is a single physical object, that generally yes if you were moving fast enough or had kinetic oscillations interrupting it on impact might disrupt it's ability to pierce flesh/armor. But I don't see it being as effective with a wave of energy as a small physical object. 

As we're in the realm of sci-fi/fantasy, I envision it more like your frame starting to blur out of reality because he's moving so fast. Not only would it look really cool, it would offer a quasi-plausible explanation for how running fast could allow you to dodge a shockwave or an explosion, at least in gameplay terms. Still, I don't think it should make you immune to knockdowns; after all you always need to be afraid of something or else you're likely to get bored.

These should be " = " type mods. I reckon Warframe has always needed more than the standard 4 abilities for each frame. It doesn't give variety, especially when we have a useless move (cough DESECRATE cough) that could be replaced with one of these downright epic mods.

I have a hunch that the mod system was designed with universal skills in mind. I think 'paradigms' would be a good implementation because of the 1 mod limit, otherwise you'd see people replacing all the frame's skills and making the game more generic. But I wouldn't be surprised if DE implements something like universal skills sometime soon.

Evasion+Loki/Ash=Near invincibility with Invisibility/Smokescreen.

But I love the whole idea of trade-off mods.

Also, maybe you could call Spam Abilities to Quicksilver?

Invincibility is pretty cheap in warframe; it's not hard to keep Loki invisible all the time with essence helm + streamline + energy siphon, or to keep an entire team invincible with Trinity's blessing + rage + vitality and so on. Especially now that the rage + quick thinking combo exists, on-paper invincibility is pretty much attainable for any frame. I'm just speculating here, but I think that it would actually be rather challenging to keep a max rushed Loki or Ash moving constantly, not to mention shooting and so on. It's definitely not "easy invincibility" and at I imagine it would be tricky to consistently execute. But it would be fun as hell.

I like quicksilver alot actually. I think I'll change it now. :D

P.S. Added 'Double Strike'

Edited by qujokun