Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel parts bp missions

Rugenio

I don't think the Europa mission to get the pieces of grendel are good. They maybe can be fun if played in squad but it's been a while since grendel was released and now even if you want to find a squad it's hard, and those missions are extremely punishing against those who want (or have to) do them solo.

The concept of "no mods" is interesting but the fact that we can't use operator, even if without arcanes or focus trees, makes them too difficult. For what I've found until now the only warframes who can do something in these missions in solo are Limbo,  Garuda and Octavia. Trinity can regen energy I guess but that's the only thing she can do so it's not much if you're playing solo.

Limbo can stay alive, generate energy staying in the rift and bring enemies to the rift one by one to kill. The thing he can't do is killing enemies efficiently so he can't be used for survival and the defense objective dies in defense (can't use cataclysm because of too high energy cost to keep 2 and 4 up at the same time), in excavation the enemies become too tanky for you to be able to do anything before you complete 800 cryotic and you're stuck trying to kill 1 energy carrier in 1 minute and die the moment you step out of the rift.

Garuda can regen energy and hp by herself but with the low energy pool and efficiency you'll need to cast her 3 a lot, not to mention she's squishy and her being low on hp most of the time make her get oneshot by a sniper or nullifier appearing from behind.

FInally, Octavia is the best in the sense that she only needs her 1 and 2 to cc and kill even high lvl enemies. Her problems are energy regen and survivability.

You can somewhat get energy with broken sceptre (even though apparently it gets bugged if have equipped your melee and aim while holding energy battery on excavation and you can't use it anymore) and I managed to survive through 800 cryotic at the 4th try (mind you, those tries were on average 25-30 mins). I already failed defense 2 times because at lvl 50 nullifiers can do your entire shield and half hp in a shot and to regen energy you have to be constantly standing still using broken sceptre's passive, however I'm confident I can complete it with a few more tries.

So the point is I have no idea how I'm gonna be able to do survival solo given the higher level and the fact that octavia is necessary for the kpm. I've tested a few weapons and the best results are with a melee good for heavy slams, primary and secondary weapons I've tried dont do enough dmg.  So how am I gonna complete it? Do I have to try it in pub hoping someone joins? If I had a group with a trinity giving energy and an octavia giving invis it wouldn't be too hard but I have no idea how this can be balanced for a solo player.

I'm open to weapon/frames suggestions that can actually do this solo.

A suggestion to make it solo friendly would be to allow the use of specters or energy pads if playing solo or to add automatic specters for missing teammates to get to 4 frames. It's hard to think of a condition that doesn't imply modifying the "special rules" based on the number of players because they are so restrictive.

Well yeah... That part about finding a team now being hard... Is precisely why I told a friend that if he didn't farm Grendel with me on release it'd be much harder down the line to find a team. Same thing I tell everyone about pretty much all content - "Farm on release if possible, when everyone's attention is focused on it, or live hell later when you want *it*" - including new primes, weapons, frames, game modes, etc. It's always the safer choice.

That said, and knowing this would obviously happen, I always have trouble wrapping my head around the fact that most of the released content spins greatly around the player being "then and there", and disregarding the longevity of said content as far as latecomers go. So player new or late players end up getting a much shorter stick. Now increase all I said several times fold for a brand new player that sees the game get bigger and grindier as a whole the later he decides to try out Warframe. Overwhelming is putting it mildly.

In any case I do hope DE makes this farm a bit more doable for solo players, and I wish you the best luck.