Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR9 test vs practice

(PSN)IceyHeart115

So practiced mr9 multiple times to get timing etc down. Get through first 2 areas easily. Get to third area. In practice, could to down right away and get center front guy then retreat to area 2. Side front guys would stare at corpse for a few seconds then keep going making them easy dispatches right after they turn away from each other. Could then clear back 3 from one side to the other no issues. Noticed that back center guy always stayed up top nvr touching either ramp. Take actual test for first time. First 2 areas, no problem still. Go into 3rd area, gank middle guy, retreat, they see corpse and instantly detect me. Ok so gotta change it up a little. Go after front left first and get seen by back left which was a timing thing on me. 3rd attempt, go front right, retreat. Wait for left front to patrol around and have center front not looking or back left and get him then instantly go for center front. Go hide behind a pillar to get right back. After he turns I step out, assassinate him and as I'm stabbing him realize that center back has patrolled down the ramp and is turning towards me with nothing i can do to move in time. If the test and practice r going to b different, why include a practice at all.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)IceyHeart115 said:

If the test and practice r going to b different, why include a practice at all.

All the AI in that test are locked into their own pathings, the only reason why they would ever break from it is because they saw a dead body or they think they saw you and are heading towards the direction of the suspicion.

MR9 needs to be tweaked, enemy AI awareness has changed since the test was originally designed. Use a ranged melee weapon like a boomerang or a gunblade to get through it while it gets fixed. People suggest using Umbra’s sword due to the innate invisibility on stealth kills, but I haven’t met anyone who made it through the sacrifice before MR9.

I actually just finished sacrifice a few hours after my first attempt. No gunblades or ranged melee yet but the umbra invis sword will have to carry me through phase 3 tomorrow. Wish they would update practice with tests so u could properly practice. I understand that it's really only an issue on the stealth tests and the rest r properly practicable just irritating to think u have it down when the mechanics screw u over