The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe is the only game that crashes/restarts PC

.rot.

20 hours ago, (PS4)silvia95guy said:

I am with you OP!!! I've been trying to figure this issue out as well for months on a newly built system! I have a few reddit threads I've started on the topic, as well as have found hosts of many more people with the exact same issue, and only with Warframe. One of the things I have in seen in common among them all is that they've all seemed to be a GTX 10 series card. I'm running a 1070Ti, that I bought from my buddy who had none of the issues described above. I built my system almost exactly the same as his. Both running the same Mobo (MSI B450 Tomahawk Max), GPU (1070Ti, him 2070 Super now), PSU (corsair cx750M), RAM (corsair vengeance 2933 2x 8gb) , and CPU (Ryzen 7 2700, he had 2700X, 3700X now). He ran Warframe and says he never had an issue. I can run it maybe 30 minutes if I'm lucky. Usually just 5-10 min. Only in mission or in POE. I can spend all the time I want in my orbiter. My CPU and GPU temps never get over 60. Voltages and power stay steady with almost zero fluctuations, and the logs indicate nothing unusual up to the point the system restarts. No event in event viewer, other than the critical error for the system reset. Complete mystery.

I took my PC over there today so we could try and trouble shoot the issue.  I've already DDU'd the system multiple times, as well as a smorgasbord of other things (power management, performance settings, turning off physics, running DX10... you get the point.) So, we we strait to wiping the system clean, and doing a clean install of windows. All we downloaded was the most recent GPU driver, Steam, and Warframe. Didn't matter. We swapped out the PSU, and even gave the GPU it's own power supply. Nope. We tried everything we could think of, and more that we found online, and nothing worked. Super frustrating, especially after putting so much money into this game. I can play Warframe for short stints at a time, but inevitably I know it's going to reset my system, so I don't bother anymore. I can say it's given me a chance to enjoy other games. Metro Exodus has been a lot of fun, and beautiful too! Play for hours on ultra with no hiccups. I've benchmarked and stability tested my system for hours on end, so I'm pretty confident in my equipment, but Warframe... Idk?

Well, time to eat my own words, and OP, sorry to say this, but the problem lies with the PSU. I decided today what the hek, I've tried everything else I can think of, I'm going to see if I can exchange my newly purchased PSU. Got another PSU, installed it, no more issues. I know it's hard to wrap your head around Warframe being that demanding of a program, and the only program at that to cause the reboot so consistently. I mean, my GPU temps are 50c with CPU temps in the low 40's in POE, so it is certainly surprising to me that Warframe is the one program to brings out the weakness. lol

so it's not just me... i have the same problem i tested a lot of games and everything it's perfect (a lot of hours of testing) but wf just keep crashing i tried literally everything format, reinstal, new hardware, occt and about 5 games my pc it's old but in december i played at 60fps and this never happened.