Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something About Hosting In Warframe

Rapxtor

I find amusing that some players even after so many time playing this game, fail to understand that the matchmaking system doesnt work was it should be, and maybe also the filters.
Was example, I have the restriction in the config to Europe and 150 ping, but the game constant put me in US hosted games, or games with a huge ping/latency, wich i choose or not to continue,
Of course that some of the games, the Host may have a bad connection, but from what I could gather with friends (we all have 100 mb fiber connection), its more the times we are put in games out of our zone.
Today I was even asked to stop the downloads that I wasnt doing, bc someone left bc of the lagg, I only replyed that a 100 mb connection is more than enough to host any game in my region, Warframe or any other P2P, if the game doesnt filter proprelly, i have no fault in that, and advise to do the same when I face that issue, i leave the game.
It was good that the dev looked into this matter, something isnt working was it should, and ruin the game for some people or create annoying situations to others.

Honestly this a is a multiregion game and the following thing(s) should be MANDATORY:

A machine spec test

A back-forth latency test

A bandwidth saturation test

And after that you should be able to limit what kind of connections you receive...

A hosting only option would be dreamy.

I have two titans, 48 gigs of ram and a 580 running the sparkly particles, and nine times out of ten i'm not the host and some bastard with an athlon made from 6 years ago has to take the extra hosting load.

Baffling.

Edited by -Kittens-

to be honest, it doesn't take that good of a computer to run Warframe and host well

I've just got an i5 3.0 ghz gpu 6 gb of 1333 ram and a standard Intel R Family HD gpu 

It's all about having a good internet service 

and knowing what settings you should have on or off in Warframe ~ 

if your using a pc that won't even run Warframe well while soloing then  they shouldn't even be playing it at all and just get a new computer all together since theirs is most likely - ( as -kittens-  said )  6 years old  or never upgraded

Edited by tactical_surgeon

Honestly this a is a multiregion game and the following thing(s) should MANDATORY:

A machine spec test

A back-forth latency test

A bandwidth saturation test

And after that you should be able to limit what kind of connections you receive...

A hosting only option would be dreamy.

I have two titans, 48 gigs of ram and a 580 running the sparkly particles, and nine times out of ten i'm not the host and some bastard with an athlon made from 6 years ago has to take the extra hosting load.

Baffling.

True, but the fact you have filters to choose your region, if working correctly, im sure you was host and all the other players will have a normal game, bc that the purpose of filters.

The fact that you have a old computer doesnt affect the ping or latency created by your connection data packed, it only affect your gameplay, not the other users.

Actually it does.

It affects everything. There are rather stark differences between someone having latency issues and machine based lag, cause one of them i can certainly deal with, and one of them (machine spec) renders the game pretty unplayable, even they're across the street.

I played the outpost event on an Athlon X4 laptop just to see how much it could handle, and it was to Khaos_Zander's credit and a couple others that they were able to get S#&$ done, cause i was literally behind the curve in everything, including spawns and damage calculation being pushed out to their machines, and this was on a hundred meg connection.

Actually it does.

It affects everything. There are rather stark differences between someone having latency issues and machine based lag, cause one of them i can certainly deal with, and one of them (machine spec) renders the game pretty unplayable, even they're across the street.

I played the outpost event on an Athlon X4 laptop just to see how much it could handle, and it was to Khaos_Zander's credit and a couple others that they were able to get S#&$ done, cause i was literally behind the curve in everything, including spawns and damage calculation being pushed out to their machines, and this was on a hundred meg connection.

Sorry, but if you cant see the diference betwen bad/low hardware and high ping, it is a person new to computers or never played online P2P or server based games. 

This is not the case, and i think anyone with a little common sense, wouldnt try to play online with others when he cant play the game alone bc dont have spec to do so.

I actually have seen a low spec computers effect the the game play of others. This is usually exclusive to exceptionally low end machines, where the person can barely run the thing but still insists on hosting. At that point the computer can barely handle itself, let alone push out data to it's clients, and just try to grasp the idea of having your game syncing with a craptacular computer. Good ping or not, a poor computer at the end of the line WILL ruin your day.

Sorry, but if you cant see the diference betwen bad/low hardware and high ping, it is a person new to computers or never played online P2P or server based games. 

This is not the case, and i think anyone with a little common sense, wouldnt try to play online with others when he cant play the game alone bc dont have spec to do so.

I can see plenty differences between the two, and bad specs outweigh latency by a literal order of magnitude, especially in games where the host controls the resolving of actions and states.

aka exactly what warframe does.