The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Intrinsic reset back to zero?

HadesTatsu

Question

Before I add this as a bug I thought I would ask if it is normal to have the Intrinsic points you earn from a rail jack mission reset?  Doing Railkack solo I noticed it last night when I had five and then went to bed. When I went to play again, at the end of the mission I earned six (so a total of eleven), however when I entered dry dock all I had was the six, which I though was no big thing as I might have spent the previous ones. 

Just did another mission earning eight (so I should have a total of fourteen), but all it shows is the eight I just earned. So, is this a bug or can you not bank your Intrinsic when you go to the "normal" missions and/or log out of the game?

7 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

The number shown at the end of the mission is your total, not what you earned in that mission. You haven't lost anything, you just barely gained anything. 

Hmm, I think I may have derped trying to explain myself. Here is a screen shot to show what intrinsic numbers I was going by. Today there was Eight but then I went off to help someone collect murmurs. Those points are now gone and I have the eight I just earned.

Warframe0024.jpg

10 minutes ago, HadesTatsu said:

Today there was Eight but then I went off to help someone collect murmurs. Those points are now gone and I have the eight I just earned.

Wait what?

>You had 8 intrinsics.
>You helped someone collect murmurs and got intrinsics
>Those new intrinsics are gone

How did you get intrinsics when helping someone collect murmurs? Since when are Liches in the Railjack missions?

22 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Wait what?

>You had 8 intrinsics.
>You helped someone collect murmurs and got intrinsics
>Those new intrinsics are gone

How did you get intrinsics when helping someone collect murmurs? Since when are Liches in the Railjack missions?

huh? umm no. I never mentioned a thing about Liches. In Fact I never mentioned about helping someone and liches. I did mention about if those points are wiped clean when you go into a normal mission (the ones you need the orbiter for), or when you log out of the game. I sense Sly Tenno be's sly here.

7 minutes ago, HadesTatsu said:

huh? umm no. I never mentioned a thing about Liches. In Fact I never mentioned about helping someone and liches. I did mention about if those points are wiped clean when you go into a normal mission (the ones you need the orbiter for), or when you log out of the game. I sense Sly Tenno be's sly here.

You said you helped someone collect murmurs. Which are needed for Liches.

Sorry but your description of the issue is quite poor and confusing.

Points are not wiped if you go into a normal mission.

9 minutes ago, HadesTatsu said:

huh? umm no. I never mentioned a thing about Liches.

You mentioned helping with murmurs, which is a part of the Lich gameplay.

In Fact I never mentioned about helping someone and liches.

50 minutes ago, HadesTatsu said:

then I went off to help someone collect murmurs.

I did mention about if those points are wiped clean when you go into a normal mission (the ones you need the orbiter for), or when you log out of the game.

It's already been explained they are not.  When you do a mission in RJ, the rewards screen shows you how many intrinsics you have total, not just how many you gained during the mission.  If you had 5, ran a mission, then the EoM screen showed you have 6, that means you have 6, not that you gained 6 during the mission.  Similarly, when you started with 6 and ran a mission and the EoM screen showed you had 8 intrinsics, that means you now have 8, not that you gained 8 during the mission.  Try it out.  Run the same mission over and over without spending any points and you'll see your total increase every time.  It's not realistic to think you are gaining that many more intrinsics every time you run the same mission.

Edited by (XB1)R3d P01nt
Grammar

1 minute ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

You mentioned helping with murmurs, which is a part of the Lich gameplay.

It's already been explained they are not.  When you do a mission in RJ, the rewards screen shows you how many intrinsics you have total, not just how many you gained during the mission.  If you had 5, ran a mission, then the EoM screen showed you have 6, that means you have 6, not that you gained 6 during the mission.  Similarly, when you started with 6 and ran a mission and the EoM screen showed you had 8 intrinsics, that means you now have 8, not that you gained 8 during the mission.  Try it out.  Run the same mission over and over without spending any points and you'll see your total increase every time.  It's not realistic to think you are gaining that many more intrinsics every time you run the same mission.

ah. I will blame it on the wee hours of the morning for this, and the mix up.