Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Asena - Wolfsoul Huntress

Sagaris

Come on in have a read!

Here's is a concept for a new warframe I've been playing with, a predator of a tenno capable of altering her phisiology mid battle into a woflike form. The idea is she has two forms, but instead of an ultimate she has an ability to morph between forms. In sacreficing her ult she gains 6 abilities instead of the usual 4. While her wolf form has additional benefits and a unique melee attack, she lacks any ranged capabilities when in it.

She's definatly my favorite among the concepts I've come up with in another thread (take a look if you want a read, although it's mostly reworks of existing frames). Since this is a suggestion I actually think both works and is awesome, I thought the idea deserved a thread of its own, so here it is, I hope you like it!

ASENA
A warframe in body, a huntress at heart, Asena harbors a primal instict akin to that of the ancient earth wolf. This warframe can rapidly alter her phisiology into that of a quadruped wolflike form.

Health: 100 (300)

Shield Capacity: 150 (450)
Armor: 40

Power: 100 (150)

Stamina 8
Sprint Speed: 1.15

SCENT TRAIL - LUNGE: Asena locates nearby enemies using her advanced sense of smell. Revealed enemies are highlighted, and she deals additional damage if the target is wounded - Asena leaps at a target, pinning it down and going for the throat, dealing high damage.

Energy Cost: 25
Cost to Equip: 2/3/4/5
Range: 15/18/22/25 meters based around Asena for the duration, affected by stretch
Duration: 5/8/12/15 seconds affected by Continuity and Constitution
Cast time: 0.5 seconds
Damage Boost: x1+lost enemy health/total enemy health. Or scaling from x1 to x2 over the course of health lost
Affected targets have a blue - green - red hue for Asena, depending on their health left
Can be used while jumping, sliding, wall running, front flipping and wall clinging
-
Range: 5/7/9/11 meters, affected by Stretch
Cast time: +-0.7 seconds, depending on leap distance
Damage: 150/250/450/750 serrated blade affected by Focus
Can be used while jumping and wall running
Will leave target prone and Asena in melee range in front of target at end of ability.

THRILL OF THE HUNT - HOWL: Asena rallies her allies, increasing stamina regeneration and regaining shield on kills, for her and her team mates. - Asena lets loose a piercing howl, causing all enemies within a cone to flee in terror and take bonus damage once when attacked in the back by Asena.

Energy Cost: 50
Cost to Equip: 4/5/6/7
Range: 15/18/22/25 affected by Stretch
Stamina Boost: x1.5
Shield Regain: 15/20/30/50
Duration: 7/12/15/20 affected by Continuity and Constitution
Cast Time: 1 seconds
-
Range: 5/10/15/20, affected by Stretch

Cone: 120°
Duration: 7/10/12/15 seconds, affected by Continuity and Constituion
Bonus Damage: 70/120/170/250 serrated blade affected by Focus

Cast time: 1 seconds

PREDATOR'S FOCUS - TEAR: Asena focuses a single target, causing her and her target to deal double damage to one another, and take half damage from anyone else. - Asena tears into a single enemy, dealing heavy damage to it and granting her a free Lunge if it kills the target.

Energy Cost: 35
Cost to Equip: 6/7/8/9
Range: 20/25/35/50 meters affected by Stretch
Duration: 5/6/8/10 seconds affected by Continuity and Consitution
Cast Time: 0.5 seconds
Damage buff to and from target: x2
Damage reduction to and from other targets: x0.5
-
Range: 1.5 meters (+-melee range?)
Cast Time: 2 seconds
Damage: 1500 Serrated Blade, affected by Focus
Enemy cannot move nor attack while in Asena's iron grip

Lunge gained is same rank as this ability, can use lunge even if ability not equiped

NEMESIS: Asena morphs into a wolflike form, relinquishing her weaponry, turning her melee into a bite attack, increasing her run speed, and granting her new abilities.

Energy Cost: 0Cost to Equip: 10/11/12/13
Cast Time: 1.5 seconds

Internal Cooldown: 3 seconds
Speed Boost: 0.35 (1.5 total)

Armor Boost: 20 (60 total)
Can morph while jumping or running.

Can not crouch/slide while morphed. Form is low enough to fit through narrow spaces.

Can not block or dodge while morphed.

Can not roll after a running jump/high fall while morphed. Instead, gain a short speed boost and keep running.
Can hold datamass while morphed (in mouth), but not attack
Mods equiped on melee weapon apply to bite
Bite:
Damage: 40 blade
Crit Chance: 20%
Crit Damage: 300%
Attack Rate: 1 attack per second
Charge Damage: 120 serrated blade
Charge Crit Chance: 30%
Charge Speed: 0.7 seconds
Charge Crit Damage: 300%
Slide Attack: N/A
Jump Attack: N/A
Max Targets: 1

DESCRIPTION:

Much like Ash, Asena is a killer. Her kit is designed to stalk, predate and kill her prey, and as such as best suited to dealing with single targets. She certainly can hold her own against multiple opponents, but her tools and superior mobility are best suited for swift kills rather then nuking.

Scent Trail will allow Asena to navigate the battlefield and single out lone and/or wounded targets. A key ability when for picking a mark when stragically planning an approach, or dashing across the battlefield. Lunge can help further in this regard, as it allows her to rapidly close in for a melee kill. Combined these skills let her stalk and take out her prey.

Thrill of the hunt allows Asena to support herself and her team when dealing with large groups of enemies. Enhanced stamina allows her to maintain mobility, especially for melee, whilst restoring shield on a kill will allow her to stay in a large fight for longer periods of time. Howl is another tool at her disposal to help her disperse and dispatch groups of enemies, scattering them in fear and picking them off as they flee.

Finally, Predator's Focus makes Asena a nightmare for single large opponents, whilst also potentially helping her survive larger groups of enemies whilst she focuses her mark, especially when going in for melee. Supplemented by Tear, Asena can deal immense damage to a single target while nullifying the increased damage her unfortunate victim can do to her. Tear is especially powerful when used to finish off a target, as it allows her to close into a new target almost immediatly for no energy cost.

While Asena lacks a true ultimate, the diversity of her kit  and her mean bite more then make up for it. Mastery of Asena is not only learning to use each ability, but knowing when and when not to morph, how to combine her more utility oriented  tools in her regular form with her more damage oriented tools in her wolf form. When this Tenno weaves her two forms fluidly she is a ferocious adversary.

Happy hunting, tenno.

Make it happen, DE!

Credit to Demon093, for inspiring the idea.

Also I know exactly how I would want her to look, but I have the drawing skills of a caveman (believe me I've tried). If you're good with art feel free to make some and post it here!

P.S In before 'A furry frame suggestion, but not a cat frame?!'.

While I'm still waiting to hear why it wouldn't fit in the game, I figure I'll clarify one point in case it is relevant. If you mean aesthetically, as in a wild animal running around space ships and whatnot, then perhaps I didn't paint a clear picture. I suppose it would have helped if I posted some concept art, but alas it's quite emberassing. :(

Anywho, when I say wolf form don't think of it as the warframe suddenly growing fur and turning into an animal. It would still very much be a warframe, that is with drastically altered bone and muscle structure. Everything about warframe tech as related to Hayden being the first tenno suggests the tenno are bio engineered through controlled technocyte mutation, presumably. I don't think it's to far fetched to think a tenno using this warframe would be capable of making a few phisiological adjustments (indeed we already do this when we switch frame do we not?). Arms change to legs, hands and feet to paws, nails become claws, chest cavity becomes slim and deep, and mouth becomes maw filled with cutting edge (pardon the pun) bio engineered super sharp alloy.

Long story short, don't think of her nemesis form as a feral animal, just an altered non bipedal streamlined form, armed to the teeth (the puns don't stop coming!).

If  you mean her abilities, mechanically and her having 2 more but no ult, I am very keen on hearing. I quite like them myself, effort was put in making them have great potential synergy while being all around balanced and fun to use.

Edited by Sagaris

the skills are ok i think the problem some people have is that most of the "animal" based warframes are either cats or wolves which are two of the biggest animals associated with furries, cataboos/wolfaboos , weeaboos (catgirl fetish) and lycanthropes (which are just saturating the media due to the vampire craze that happened a while ago), and I think people are kind of tired of it. Sure humans are animals and the technocyte virus tapping into our animal heritage bringing out that power is fine but it should probably be the ape because that is what humans are and they are our closest genetic relatives, our ancestral link to cats and wolves are way in the past and it would be more logical that something closer is brought out.

Edited by Rada13

Well I have nothing against furries weeaboos and whatnot, but I'm actually not all that crazy about that stuff either. Still, when it's in agreement with the the general atmosphere of the game I don't see why it can't be an interesting avenue. In fact I actually dislike the whole nekochan and anthro craze a little bit, I prefer a more serious and less whimsical approach to the animalistic theme, wich is what I had hoped to portray.

Still, cat frame is a thing on these forums no? I wouldn't quite understand the revulsion to a beast themed warframe, considering that.

Have to say though, gorilla frame would be hella lame no offense. : /

i don't take offense but how can a gorilla (also i said ape there are other apes than just gorillas)  not be cool though they can lift 5 times as much as a normal human they have canine teeth as sharp as predators like wolves and cats (used primarily by males for fighting), they are more intelligent than most animals and they have aposeable thumbs allowing them to use tools and giving them incredible dexterity and agility.