Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secrets In Warframe

.xTB_Kenshin

This is more of a feedback thread. I am posting this in General Discussion because I hope there is someone out there who agrees with my opinion here (otherwise I'm a little disappointed in today's "gamers").

I just joined a game on Venus-Venera to take a look at the good old Defense Map-C (Corpus ship). It became one of the most popular defense map layouts during the golden Xini age. The last time I've seen this map was during the survival event (didn't need to play any Xini or Venera).

I knew it got changed a little bit, the elevator was closed. You could only access the upper level via glitching. Okay... where does this pillar come from? What the... what's this?!

0523590052508ba42302f.jpg

Why in the name of hidden secrets did the upper level get accessable this easy? Even the elevator is a joke. If I teached my grandparents how to walk and jump in this game they might get up there through the elevator with ease.

Why (and when) did you set spawns up there? Why? This was a secret I loved, a secret I was happy to find. I remember my first days playing Warframe on this mission, seeing the upper level and trying to figure out how to get there. Finding the broken elevator, knowing that this required some wall-to-wall jumping, xXx1337n1nJ4xXx-skills (or an obvious glitch which is still unfixed and still obvious as a bear hiding behind a tree).

Why do you remove the fun of discovering such things? I see no reason why this happened. Not at all.

Oh and now that I mention it, PLEASE do not remove the corpus outpost secret with the broken vent and the two doors you can only open from inside. Please.

Sincere regards,
an old gamer with a heart for discovering secrets. Even today, where gaming is ruled by marketing and recycling.

Because this "secret" (lol not really) could be exploited!

You can still jump down to the railings and afk there.

You can even do that in any mission type, considering the only open end is facing the cryopod, and if anything was there, it would be shooting at the pod.

You can still jump down to the railings and afk there.

You can even do that in any mission type, considering the only open end is facing the cryopod, and if anything was there, it would be shooting at the pod.

You can still exploit it but that was the reason they got rid of it.

They made it SO MUCH EASIER to get to, so I doubt that's the reason.

Like most maps, I'm sure they simplified it for the "Casuals"

Took me a while to find the old thread.

So they indeed got rid of it for no exploits for the event but were going to add into gameplay later.

Hey everyone,

I hear you. Let me explain why this happened and what is gonna happen in the foreseeable future.

a) "OMG! Why did you block top level?!"

One word answer: pressure. We had to make sure the level is as exploit free as possible from the design side to be good to go for the survival weekend event. Properly integrating the top level into gameplay would have taken way too much time to be done in time for the event.

So the decision was made to block it off. It was easy to go for this decision as the top level was never properly utilized for gameplay anyway. Thanks to this feedback thread though I could finally justify taking the time to take it to the next level (sorry bout that!).

b) "OMG! Who cares?! Bring it back!"

Yes. As we speak, I am working on making the top level accessible again AND making sure it is properly integrated into gameplay. AI will be able to get there, there will be proper cover and proper spawns for lockers, crates and all the good stuff. Then it needs to be tested by QA to make sure no new exploits crept into the level because of this addition, then it will be updated on the servers.

When? I'd reckon with U10 which will be soon.

Thanks for your feedback and hopefully for your understanding.

Link:https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/100677-bring-back-upper-level-in-indoor-corpus-defense/page-2?hl=elevator

Edited by alphex

I don't exactly HOW easy it became to get up there.

They added a platform in the elevator. That, to me, was a slap in the face.
I cna understand adding enemy spawns up there and some stairs, but that platform in an elevator shaft, just bothers me to no end.

I don't exactly  HOW easy it became to get up there.

I cna understand adding enemy spawns up there and some stairs, but that platform in an elevator shaft, just bothers me to no end.

There just doors shoved into the wall too makes it looks really stupid!

I don't exactly HOW easy it became to get up there.

Thanks for pointing that out! It didn't bother me before cause I didn't notice but..THANKS