Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is he shooting from?..

Spiros78

Why do i have various sound sliders for fx, music, coms, when each transmission in game, no matter how low it is, it always lowers the sound of anything else around me for its duration, ( unless i mute it as  i've done already for my mental peace)? What logic is this, that forces me to listen to lotus, or anyone else during mission, louder than my gunfire or music? I have it lower than the other sounds for a reason, a reason that says......"i want the transmissions lower than other sounds"!!!!!!!!!!! That simple.-

Sound in life, in everything around us, is essential and very informative. Sound can affect psychology very easy. Sound can be a music to your ears but also a terrible annoyance even without been loud, thus modifying your mood in seconds, just like it happens with visual.

Going to the next, do those guys who create sounds ever listen to their samples during gameplay? More specific, have they heard them during gameplay? How is it possible, to be approached by any enemy, at a distance of 5 to 50m, getting shot, but his weapon's sound to be as loud as a kitty meowing? And no it's not my speakers, or my volume level or anything common, it's the sound level that the game itself produces based on some distance, guided by the logic of those editors.

Examples:
- I have clem next to me, with his famous grakatas and i can hear them loud and clear, sometimes more than my own gun, depending what i have, but they sound as they should
- Ballistas....they shoot and i hear nothing! Absolutely nothing but an.....air gun, unless i stand in 1-2m in front of them. They can also run and shoot you without aiming at you....magic.
- Powerfists... melee guys, i can hear them slamming the floor loud and clear.......LOUD AND CLEAR!!!!
- I used to hear those op seekers and understand how close they are, now kraken has become nearly silent, but mine is like fireworks, you can hear it from far.....!
- I have a gunner, right in front of me, with her gorgon, which is a beast of sound normally, and me holding the same weapon... at a distance of 3-5m max, and all i hear from her gorgon, is 1/10 from the sound that my gorgon produces!!!!!!! Remember, same weapon, 5m distance only, same fx sound level with clem's example. To note here, that while gunner's gorgon sounds with a nice sound, though weak, my gorgon, either wraith or prisma, sound like rubber gun..!!!
- I have an eviscerator again, right in front of me, both wielding Miter, and again, i can barely listen to his weapon comparing to mine.
- i have multiple grineer around me, with either grakatas or hinds (which used to sound very loud 1-2y ago), and now all i hear, tsk tsk tsk from the hits on my frames
- Corpus techs, with supra, still like a kitty sound, no matter if they are at 5 or 50m
- All robots, walk so silently, like they have pieces of carpet attached on their feet and sound isolators as well, no matter if they run or walk. They can approach in stealth mode better than i do in spy missions even, and on the other hand, corpus and grinneer can hear my........melee hits in a distance of 5-10m, many times.

Maybe we need silencers for our melee too!!!

To note here, that whoever he was who made the hit sounds on the frames, he knew to make them sound more than the enemies weapons and disturbing as hell, since the only i hear is.... tsk tsk tsk tsk, like plugging-unplugging a mini jack from speakers, like a circuit that is burning, which is terribly annoying and my efforts to isolate this frequency were in vain, no matter if i "played" with medium and high scales.

All these examples and many more that i won't extend to, reveal one thing...... player cannot understand where enemy's fire is coming from, so i and anyone else, has to rely on minimap and vision only.

I ran few test missions, using either stereo or 5.1, and the result was the same.... My melee combos even sound louder than their gunfire. In other words, the logic here is, that enemies gunfire will be too loud (see previous years) or too low.... (see 2019 till today).

The only way to hear them louder, is to increase the FX sound, but then, my weapons would sound much louder than i want them to, and would disturb me much. I have no intention to cause havok in my house and neighborhood.

Is it so hard to maintain a relevant balance and utilize the sound sliders in a logical way and also check the sounds u add on how disturbing they are?