The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Just Here To Vent Because I Hate The Rng.

Reku1

So i spent all day today(14 hours) farming quick thinking in void missions. At some point my friends got on and we spammed 30 min t1 survival runs for the ancients. 

Playing as Rhino i got about 6-700 kills per 30 min run. 

5 runs of t1

assuming 600 each run, i killed about 3000 enemies.

Now assume about 1/5 are ancients.

thats 600 ancient kills.

assuming 1/5 dropped a mod on death.

thats 120 mod drops.

now why in 120 mod drops can i not get 1 of the maybe 3-4 mods and ancient is able to drop -.- (i never want to see reflection again).

That's not even including the 20 rare mod transmutations i did, or that 20 some odd other void runs i did today. T.T

Stupid RNG wasted my Saturday.

I'm also now Broke and tired.

So i spent all day today(14 hours) farming quick thinking in void missions. At some point my friends got on and we spammed 30 min t1 survival runs for the ancients. 

5 runs of t1

thats 600 ancient kills.

thats 120 mod drops.

now why in 120 mod drops can i not get 1 of the maybe 3-4 mods and ancient is able to drop -.- (i never want to see reflection again).

That's not even including the 20 rare mod transmutations i did, or that 20 some odd other void runs i did today. T.T

Huh only 5 runs?

or that 20 some odd other void runs i did today. 

Huh only 5 runs?

If you're going to quote someone, read the whole quote. 

Alphex, we've all been there. I farmed ember systems for 5 days. A good 2-6 hours a day with probably 80+ runs until I finally got it. RNG is simply a cold hard mistress sometimes.

If you're going to quote someone, read the whole quote. 

Alphex, we've all been there. I farmed ember systems for 5 days. A good 2-6 hours a day with probably 80+ runs until I finally got it. RNG is simply a cold hard mistress sometimes.

I usually don't complain until I did 30 void runs but hey we all  have are breaking points.

5 runs of t1

thats 600 ancient kills.

thats 120 mod drops.

The bolded assumptions are horribly wrong. I hate the RNG too, but you're severely overstating how many you've killed.

Yup, RNG sucks. I've been trying to do the same, only with Whirlwind, and I have had the exact same amount of luck. 

As with all the mod drops from mobs: Give up. Just do the void missions for credits, xp or whatever else you need and at some point you will get the drop. 

well if it means something to you, try not to think about getting the mod,  thinking about it can leave you frustrated and upset. 

truth be told, ever since I had that issue with streamline a few updates ago, I was simply exhausted trying to farm for it. it took me a week to get streamline from xini before (now it drops from normal grineer like its a common mod =_=) 

just dont think about getting it. Its all in the head if you ask me.

No, It didn't waste your Saturday...you did. You need to realise it doesn't matter. Why do you want that mod, when tomorrow, next week next month DE will release new rare mods. Why do you want that great new weapon, then they will always release new ones, or new warframes all the time...even new scarves, perhaps socks, necklaces and woolly slippers.

You grind and grind and grind and get all this stuff, you rise up the mastery ranks so you can grind for resources to build new stuff. You grind and grind to get the new stuff. So you can grind and grind and grind to rise up the mastery and get new stuff and grind and grind and grind to build it. For what, for DE to release a new weapon frame or mod etc. that you grind and grind and grind to get. Ad infinitum......or, if your really silly, use real money to buy platinum, so you can reduce the in game grind, to buy pointless stuff.

All of this so that you can make them money to continue to play a bug ridden, very, very, repetitive game with most of the development effort going towards extracting as much money in the form of platinum as they can. With the recent efforts to release it as a PS4 title, you can bet that the efforts will go on a whole new market full of potential platinum purchases.

The illusion of a "master plan" will be kept up, as will the illusion of the "consultative approach" to the games design. In reality though they are not really interested in doing much of the stuff that needs to be done to this game. The average forum post simply drops of the radar in hours...most comments never reach the developers. If they do (which I doubt), then how can the developers ignore for months and months all of the stuff that needs fixing....to release scarves...my god!.

I've built every frame, but only claimed 6 or 7 of them (I have others unclaimed), I have pretty much every mod ever released, my resources in my inventory mean I can build anything I want whenever I want, 7 catalysts 6 reactors etc... I stopped playing over a week ago, didn't even bother trying to play the frames I have built but not claimed e.g. Nekros etc..

Why.....because it's really pointless and a bit boring..... I initially believed some of the rubbish in the livestreams, I no longer do. Luckily I only spent £3 on platinum (I've still got most of that) and that's about all the game was worth. Spend your Saturday doing something productive, go meet a girl (or boy), take your kids out if your married, go cut the grass. Better still, think about the next game to try when you get bored.

Edited by DaveC

Why do we play these games? Is it really to obtain pixels grouped in various new and relatively colorful ways? Not really, not for most of us at least. We play to alleviate boredom, to occupy our minds with a reasonably challenging pastime with a few friends. The in-game rewards are more a way to say 'Kilroy was here' than a real investment of time to specifically obtain an item. Play the game to have fun, the crafting mechanics are, or should be, a means to an end to allow the player to have fun more easily. Once a game is no longer fun, when you are angered by it, perhaps it is time to reexamine the motivations for playing it in the first place.