The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Sudden Performance hit

Therealhavoc

Since around 24 hours ago, my warframe game performance has dropped significantly, stuttering, big FPS drops while in orbiter etc, and basically any game node has become near unplayable. I've been playing for several years with my settings set to high/medium with no issues at all. And everything was fine while i was doing a few Ropalolyst runs and was about to do my Sortie, i get into a mission and then suddenly, the game is practically unplayable.

Messing with the settings hasn't helped at all, i've enabled and disabled several settings, used different presets, changed my resolution as well as swapping between fullscreen/borderless modes.

Was there some kind of stealth update that caused this performance issue? is it some kind of bug? i'm hoping it's something on DE's end and not like my CPU/GPU suddenly crapping out.

EDIT: Ran a speed test, getting 239mb download with 11mb up, so internet isn't an issue. Tried running Total war: Warhammer 2, and while i noticed slightly lower than normal FPS, there wasn't any significant issues, around 14-18 FPS as opposed to the usual 18-23 i experience. Menu FPS stayed steadily around 54-60 FPS.

So I think it might be Warframe? hoping someone else can give some sort of clarity or insight

Edited by Therealhavoc

UPDATE: Turns out NVidia was the one crapping on itself, not my computer. After several uninstalls and reinstalls of GEforce Experience, it finally worked and all my issues went away. So if you're having similar issues, check your GEforce experience if you're getting the "unable to connect to NVidia servers" then that's the likely culprit to your issue.