The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Kuva Bramma sends PS4 into space (overheat)

(PSN)OmegaSlayer

There's something going on between my PS4 and the Bramma

Whenever a Bramma is wielded (by other players, a Lich), the fan of my PS4 goes totally crazy, it is not even necessary that a single shot is fired, it just needs to appear on screen and my PS4 gets over excited

I tried lowering the particle fx down from ludicrous to every other setting, with no sign of improvements

My PS4 is a Pro, 4 years old but in pretty good shape, clean and without considerable amounts of dust and it behaves like this only in this occurrence or when it's Summer and the temperature is around 38°

Anyone else?

• 2 weeks later...

It's not only the Bramma. Every weapon / warframe ability that causes a lot of particles to be created and you're near that point within the game will cause the PS4 fan to go into overdrive, e.g. Pox, Sonicor, etc. Also the explosion sound at the point of impact is f'in annoying and loud, that needs to be handled like the sounds from the Octavias in your squad. It needs to be toned down quite a bit, pls.

The settings for particle density have no effect whatsoever. My setting is on low and the problem still persists.

Edited by Norifur
additional info

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Im also having a major problem with the Bramma overheating my console and causing it to shutdown. The pox also does this even though I have turned down all weapon effects and bloom and particles. My PS4 is only 2 years old so doubt my thermal paste is an issue. I also clean the dust out of my console frequently. Seriously thinking of quitting warframe until this is fixed because every random squad has somone with a Bramma and I have to keep abortong to prevent my console shutdown. Cant even open relics anymore or run levelling missions on Hydron etc. Warframe just seems to be using a lot more processing power lately. Even upgrading a mission the fan foes crazy just showing your mods. Really hope DE can figure out whats causing this but glad its not just me having this issue. 

I experience the same since some update late last year. Propably around the launch of the kuva lich. Never had any mayor issues before but only minor ones from time to time. But now the consol fan starts to act crazy by entering arsenal in orbiter, entering missions, extracting missions, missions on earth like cervantes, when a bramma is in squad or another weapon with a lots of partical effects. I echo even that the changes in the settings make no difference. It just crashed while killing an exploiter orb on venus. As soon as there is much going on on the screen fan gets crazy, ps4 overheats & crashes. Had a error message before that (unfortunately don't remember code), now it's says everytime i log into the game or enter a mission "data corrupted". Something is very wrong with the programming lately.

I play on a ps4 pro btw but experiencing same issues on my old regular ps4. It's almost unplayable for me now and game overheats my ps4 constantly. Even if i just started to play and have played for like 5 mins the game causes my ps4 pro to overheat. My ps4 is not logged in in a close environment either.

PLEASE DE FIX THIS ISSUE ASAP OR I SEE MYSELF FORCED TO QUIT PLAYING THIS GAME THAT I HAVE PLAYED FOR OVER 2 YEARS!!!