Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Embolist

habitq

So i've been using the embolist for a while now, and i gotta say, i realy like it. Works wonders aganst does damn grinner's that always piss me of ( hate those grinner bastards )

But one think that bugs me about this weapon, isn't that it's range is short, or that it chews through your ammo, but that i can't have a pink stream! It's always green, no matter what energy colour i pick! You made the torid able to fire pink clouds of death, why can't i kill my enemies with pink deadly acid?

Fix this DE. I will use this gun forever and ever if you do.

Yeah i have no idea why so many people say Embolist needs a buff. I'm killing things just fine with it, and it ain't even tatered. Its range isn't that short, and it pierces all enemies AND has spread. Not to mention THAT SOUND. I colored the spray red and put a fire mod in, now every time an Ancient rushes at me I just give him a dose of pepper spray and watch them freak out XD

And yes, you can change the Embolist spray color by changing its energy color. There might be some bugs with it on MP, but solo it works just fine.

Yeah i have no idea why so many people say Embolist needs a buff. I'm killing things just fine with it, and it ain't even tatered. Its range isn't that short, and it pierces all enemies AND has spread. Not to mention THAT SOUND. I colored the spray red and put a fire mod in, now every time an Ancient rushes at me I just give him a dose of pepper spray and watch them freak out XD

And yes, you can change the Embolist spray color by changing its energy color. There might be some bugs with it on MP, but solo it works just fine.

For a weapon rank 8 i really expect something better a least 10m of the 6m.

For a weapon rank 8 i really expect something better a least 10m of the 6m.

Oh yeah, I forgot, it's RANK 8, when the Soma and Galatine are, like, Rank 3/4. DE logic, herp. Really Embolist shouldn't be buffed, so much as its mastery requirement should be decreased. Galatine needs to have its base damage upped to 75 or something, but have swing rate and charge speed heavily reduced, so it's an actually unique broadsword with slow but immense damage instead of just yet another "spam charge" melee with an obscenely high base charge damage. Soma....I don't even know what to do with that. THAT should be Rank 8, not the Embolist.

Oh yeah, I forgot, it's RANK 8, when the Soma and Galatine are, like, Rank 3/4. DE logic, herp. Really Embolist shouldn't be buffed, so much as its mastery requirement should be decreased. Galatine needs to have its base damage upped to 75 or something, but have swing rate and charge speed heavily reduced, so it's an actually unique broadsword with slow but immense damage instead of just yet another "spam charge" melee with an obscenely high base charge damage. Soma....I don't even know what to do with that. THAT should be Rank 8, not the Embolist.

You've said what we all thought.

I really don't get the complaint about Embolist range. Here, see how long it is: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595890678232238303/DCA11F19046868F25B859E5A6CE4B5B06449194B/

The people that say it's melee range must be using three Galatine duct taped to each other or something, because that's nowhere close to melee. 

As for the damage: I don't know if I'm building it wrong, but I still find myself needing to kick down heavies to kill them quickly, even after 4 forma and a potato. Small mooks are fine mainly, but stupidly high level (70) heavies still annoys me unless they're ragdolled. 

The AOE is awesome tho. That really is his saving grace: Maybe you can't kill that heavy as well as Acrid, but you sure as hell can kill all those Grineers in formation Bravo. 

I really don't get the complaint about Embolist range. Here, see how long it is: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595890678232238303/DCA11F19046868F25B859E5A6CE4B5B06449194B/

The people that say it's melee range must be using three Galatine duct taped to each other or something, because that's nowhere close to melee. 

As for the damage: I don't know if I'm building it wrong, but I still find myself needing to kick down heavies to kill them quickly, even after 4 forma and a potato. Small mooks are fine mainly, but stupidly high level (70) heavies still annoys me unless they're ragdolled. 

The AOE is awesome tho. That really is his saving grace: Maybe you can't kill that heavy as well as Acrid, but you sure as hell can kill all those Grineers in formation Bravo. 

Thanks for the screenshot. 

+1

Yeah, i've noticed that it's not to good against heavy untis unless they're ragdolled, maybe the gun will change in the future when i comes to performance. Hopefuly we'll get it either to be ranked as rank 5 or 6 weapon ( maybe 7? ) or we'll see a buff in some of it's stats. We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the screenshot. 

+1

Yeah, i've noticed that it's not to good against heavy untis unless they're ragdolled, maybe the gun will change in the future when i comes to performance. Hopefuly we'll get it either to be ranked as rank 5 or 6 weapon ( maybe 7? ) or we'll see a buff in some of it's stats. We'll just have to wait and see.

The problem against heavys isnt the damage but the range, getting close to a disruptor/toxic or heavy grienners is suicidal.